Security

guypjfreak

BT organisers seem to be taking notice of the complaints re security. This recently posted.......

We've been getting reports that some people feel the security on entrance searches are being too heavy handed. This absolutely isn't the instruction we have given, and have spoken with the team leaders again to ensure that they approach the searches in the friendliest possible manner, and do their best to put people at ease.

Security are a vital part of running an operation to the scale of Boomtown and are there to keep everyone safe and by keeping things that can harm people, or are illegal or banned, from entering into the festival. If you ever feel like security are taking advantage of this position, make sure you report it. It's not what we're about and it's not what they are booked to do, please ensure you take down the tabard number and report it to your line manager, campsite hub or event control to look into.

For a full run down of what Security are here to do and further ways to report it if you feel that a member of security are acting inappropriately please head here:

BOOMTOWNFAIR.CO.UK

A strong sense of community is one of the most important things at Boomtown. We want nothing more than for everyone to feel safe and have an incredible time.
  • Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

New injury so I guess that makes me better than you at getting injured :D

Lolol ahhhhh but I got boom and there's in them there fields.. I hope I've not ginxed myself.. 

Your a bloody nightmare old son.. Heal fast yea. 

Peace and tea. G

42 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

BT organisers seem to be taking notice of the complaints re security. This recently posted.......

We've been getting reports that some people feel the security on entrance searches are being too heavy handed. This absolutely isn't the instruction we have given, and have spoken with the team leaders again to ensure that they approach the searches in the friendliest possible manner, and do their best to put people at ease.

Security are a vital part of running an operation to the scale of Boomtown and are there to keep everyone safe and by keeping things that can harm people, or are illegal or banned, from entering into the festival. If you ever feel like security are taking advantage of this position, make sure you report it. It's not what we're about and it's not what they are booked to do, please ensure you take down the tabard number and report it to your line manager, campsite hub or event control to look into.

For a full run down of what Security are here to do and further ways to report it if you feel that a member of security are acting inappropriately please head here:

BOOMTOWNFAIR.CO.UK

A strong sense of community is one of the most important things at Boomtown. We want nothing more than for everyone to feel safe and have an incredible time.

Sounds better old son...my friend is parked up now in disability field they have VOID speakers on site so that they can get up early..... Wish I was there now so I could relax lol. 

As you know I always get the gitters before a festival.. 

Surely they have to get this stuff ironed out by punter time?

If it reassures anyone the very last negative experience I had at boomtown last year was before I even got in. When I was on site it was fantastic from start to finish. It's easy to say but try and keep an open mind and not let a rough start (if you have one) ruin what might be the best weekend of the year.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Surely they have to get this stuff ironed out by punter time?

If it reassures anyone the very last negative experience I had at boomtown last year was before I even got in. When I was on site it was fantastic from start to finish. It's easy to say but try and keep an open mind and not let a rough start (if you have one) ruin what might be the best weekend of the year.

Same for me last year. The security that searched us were easy going and we saw absolutely no trouble when we got in. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

Same for me last year. The security that searched us were easy going and we saw absolutely no trouble when we got in. 

Yep I agree, it was just the queue to get to the security that wasn't great!

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be on my way