Security

guypjfreak

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm going into disabled camping is the security as bad as it is going in the normal gates.. 

I'm not sure how it's going to work this year. As they have more entry points, it'll be more down to how many sniffer dogs Hampshire police can working i suppose. 

21 hours ago, mr flow said:

I'm not sure how it's going to work this year. As they have more entry points, it'll be more down to how many sniffer dogs Hampshire police can working i suppose. 

Cheers old son.. I've heard stories of them stripping your van etc.. Just a bit worrying init. Just have to hope.. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been reading the blarrb about campervans in boom. Anyway it say that you will be asked to empty your water tank and any water that you carry. What's all that about surly if you have water carrier's and they can tell its water it's just wasting bloody water init. 

23 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I've just been reading the blarrb about campervans in boom. Anyway it say that you will be asked to empty your water tank and any water that you carry. What's all that about surly if you have water carrier's and they can tell its water it's just wasting bloody water init. 

Is this right...?  I always take my own water supply. It's great for saving my time and festivals water.   Isn't this all Getting a bit ridiculous. ?

49 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Is this right...?  I always take my own water supply. It's great for saving my time and festivals water.   Isn't this all Getting a bit ridiculous. ?

Yea it's in an email we got. Not sure if other campervan people have got one. I'll try to copy paste tomorrow old son 

I tow with a work van. Do I need to empty it. I'd obviously remove all tools with blades and also hammers. But will I be alright with spanners, tow ropes and basic assortment of really bloody useful kit that has helped me and others at festivals.? Thanks if anybody knows. 

14 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

I tow with a work van. Do I need to empty it. I'd obviously remove all tools with blades and also hammers. But will I be alright with spanners, tow ropes and basic assortment of really bloody useful kit that has helped me and others at festivals.? Thanks if anybody knows. 

Can't help you old son. My first boom and I just keep hearing horror stories.. I'm not stupid and I realise that not EVERY person or van gets searched other wise they wouldn't get anyone in on time and it would be like last year.. My son was in the queue for ten hours.. 

BUT SOME of the stories are really putting the Willie's up me lol 

They had my hammer away that I had put in the car to bang a stake into the ground, but didn't bat a eyelid at the toolbox I had in the boot. 

Got the feeling the boy searching was a bit new to the game and was so chuffed to bits at 'finding' the hammer he went scurrying over to his boss. His boss seemed far more relaxed and experienced with the whole deal and in fairness I think if he had found it he would have understood the explanation and maybe would have let me keep it. Along with all the very sharp knives we had in the cutlery draw. 

10 hours ago, manateemike said:

They had my hammer away that I had put in the car to bang a stake into the ground, but didn't bat a eyelid at the toolbox I had in the boot. 

Got the feeling the boy searching was a bit new to the game and was so chuffed to bits at 'finding' the hammer he went scurrying over to his boss. His boss seemed far more relaxed and experienced with the whole deal and in fairness I think if he had found it he would have understood the explanation and maybe would have let me keep it. Along with all the very sharp knives we had in the cutlery draw. 

Are items just 'borrowed' by the security and returned on your departure? Or has your hammer disappeared for evermore? My first boomtown and I'm sure the show is spectacular but not feeling the love for security. Fingers crossed it's not my last boomtown.  

@guypjfreak

This is copied and pasted from a FB crew page, posted a couple of hours ago. This is just one of several conversations all in the same vein.

EDIT - Shout to all Boomtowners!! Security are abusing their positions and have taken peoples money/ takings & valuables. They’ve ripped into people’s belongings “searching” and are generally being awful! Be careful

How to complain -just Google s.i.a...
Mark as urgent....there are s.i.a reps around the towns.....make sure you say your straight and not drunk...say that all the young girls don't feel safe !!!! 
A friend worked it last year and was disgusted with the security he had to work with ..
Ended up at 3am with gangs ov lads hunting out security and slapping them down. Let me know what firm . 
Write like your going for a job !!! 
Good luck! 
& be careful xx

You kidding mate???

Not even! They’re literally robbing people

Iv also heard the same. Has it been happening to multiple ppl??

Yeah man! My friend is in the que watching them pull stuff out of peoples cars ripping it open tramping all over their stock/ belongings!

You know what i felt about boomtown last year..... NEVER AGAIN! SECURITY WERE DARK....SO WERE THE POLICE!!

10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

@guypjfreak

This is copied and pasted from a FB crew page, posted a couple of hours ago. This is just one of several conversations all in the same vein.

EDIT - Shout to all Boomtowners!! Security are abusing their positions and have taken peoples money/ takings & valuables. They’ve ripped into people’s belongings “searching” and are generally being awful! Be careful

Mark as urgent....there are s.i.a reps around the towns.....make sure you say your straight and not drunk...say that all the young girls don't feel safe !!!! 
A friend worked it last year and was disgusted with the security he had to work with ..
Ended up at 3am with gangs ov lads hunting out security and slapping them down. Let me know what firm . 
Good luck! 
& be careful xx

You kidding mate???

Yeah man! My friend is in the que watching them pull stuff out of peoples cars ripping it open tramping all over their stock/ belongings!

You know what i felt about boomtown last year..... NEVER AGAIN! SECURITY WERE DARK....SO WERE THE POLICE!!

Hopefully people are taking videos if that's the case. Taking people's money and valuables is not "abusing" a position it's a straight up crime. 

1 hour ago, bluedaisy said:

Hopefully people are taking videos if that's the case. Taking people's money and valuables is not "abusing" a position it's a straight up crime. 

And after taking videos post on as many sites as possible. Shame on them and hopefully shame boomtown into action.

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

@guypjfreak

Good luck! 
& be careful xx

You kidding mate???

Struth I was only thinking about you a few hours ago lol

This is not good.. I've already got my cider in so that's good.. 

Thanks for this..... I think..... I'll come and see you old son if I get in.. 

Just got a call telling me the same 

Edited by guypjfreak

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Thanks for this..... I think..... I'll come and see you old son if I get in 

Sadly had to pull out.  Comprehensively smashed my leg up last spring and it's currently held together with external metalwork. Was hoping to make it but realised that I have sometimes to make sensible decisions. 

Would have been ace to see you. Have a great time.  j

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Sadly had to pull out.  Comprehensively smashed my leg up last spring and it's currently held together with external metalwork. Was hoping to make it but realised that I have sometimes to make sensible decisions. 

Would have been ace to see you. Have a great time.  j

Gutted.. 

I've JUST had a call saying the same.. Bloody nightmare.. 

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

@guypjfreak

Good luck! 
& be careful xx

You kidding mate???

Struth I was only thinking about you a few hours ago lol

This is not good.. I've already got my cider in so that's good.. 

Thanks for this..... I think..... I'll come and see you old son if I get in 

Double post soz 

Doing the wife's hair 

I've been dreading this festi but not because of the security but the crowds although I had heard bad stuff now I'm not looking forward to it lol that isn't your post sawdusty it's been people telling me stories from last year etc. 

Only planning to do boom once as my mate is ill and wants to go... so we all go end ov. 

Sorry about your leg that's not the same injury as you had when I saw you last surly not.. If so nightmare if not your worse than me at getting injured lol. G