'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

8 hours ago, SonOfTroyMcClure said:

Any/all of Confide In Me, Where the Wild Roses Grow, Wow. Inject that shit into my veins.

6 hours ago, slash's hat said:

My 2 faves as well. 

Confide in Me is absolutely immense live.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

It’s fucking inevitable isn’t it? We all want a Cave duet, what we’ll get is Donovan.

Speak for yourself. Wild Roses is clearly a better song, bit what I want on a sunny Sunday afternoon is a massive singalong to some syrupy 80s nonsense

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Delta Goodrem. Get her at the farm. Proper childhood crush for me that was.

Holly Valance did music too. Was she off Neighbours? 

Edit: And Imbruglia. It’d be easier to give them all their own festival. 

Edited by Woffy

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Holly Valance did music too. Was she off Neighbours? 

Edit: And Imbruglia. It’d be easier to give them all their own festival. 

Yes she did indeed. Absolutely beautiful human.

Edit: But do I mean you, or Valance?

Edited by Stokesy10

49 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I couldn't believe it when I found out Torn was a cover.

True, but not many remember, or even probably heard, the Ednaswap version ?

Natty made it all her own, and she did have a co-writing credit on nearly all the other songs on the album, which can't be said for most of the soap-star-songstresses, especially on their debut. I think Kylie was on album five before she got a co-credit for a song

(Holly Valance did get a two minor co-writing credits on her debut album, tbf)

Edited by billum

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fuck me I didn't know this.

I'm not sure whether you're serious or not about thinking it was a Bjork original, but everyone I knew immediately assumed it was a cover as soon as it was released - it's a totally different genre to the rest of her music. You don't have to be a musicologist to notice it's not the kind of thing she'd write - she's primarily an electronic/classical musician, not a big jazz band leader.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not sure whether you're serious or not about thinking it was a Bjork original, but everyone I knew immediately assumed it was a cover as soon as it was released - it's a totally different genre to the rest of her music. You don't have to be a musicologist to notice it's not the kind of thing she'd write - she's primarily an electronic/classical musician, not a big jazz band leader.

In fairness I was one month old when it came out and have never listened to much Björk. The only album I've listened to is Utopia and other than that I've listened to a few of her other songs. I just assumed that she'd either changed over time or that that song was just not in line with the rest of her work.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

In fairness I was one month old when it came out and have never listened to much Björk. The only album I've listened to is Utopia and other than that I've listened to a few of her other songs. I just assumed that she'd either changed over time or that that song was just not in line with the rest of her work.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I was 17 when Post came out and stood next to the rest of the songs on that album and Debut (both of which were in constant rotation in my social group at the time), Oh So Quiet was obviously a cover.

It's funny to think that since it became her biggest hit, people assume it's her song, especially since the original is pretty obscure. It's quite a reasonable assumption to make from that perspective.

I'd give those two records a spin, bloody fantastic albums.