pie_and_a_pint

'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

I'll throw another name in the mix: Sheryl Crow - has quite a few songs that everyone will know, doesn't typically play a lot of festivals but apparently went down a treat at IOW and posted that she really enjoyed doing it.. So if this booking has been lined up in the past few weeks it could have been a result of that.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

First little scrap of information.

Feck i've missed this. Welcome back speculation you bastard.

giphy.gif

Diana eh? We'll have a new greatest hits album ready for release. She better ditch that Supremes medley and play the fucking songs.

Pipes are still primo though.

2 hours ago, incident said:

I'll throw another name in the mix: Sheryl Crow - has quite a few songs that everyone will know, doesn't typically play a lot of festivals but apparently went down a treat at IOW and posted that she really enjoyed doing it.. So if this booking has been lined up in the past few weeks it could have been a result of that.

Don't think she'd play that specific slot but I certainly wouldn't bet against her playing just before.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Turn Back Time, Shoop Shoop, Believe, I've Got You Babe, Dead Ringer for Love (minus the Loaf I fear), Gypsies Tramps & Thieves...

That's all I've got, that's probably still about half a set's worth.

To be fair. Kenny had less and we all enjoyed singing them twice. 

Just now, giantkatestacks said:

To be fair. Kenny had less and we all enjoyed singing them twice. 

Fair point.

I still haven't forgiven him for cutting Just Dropped In... short, especially when the played The Gambler about eight fucking times!!!

I'd never heard Gypsies Tramps & Thieves or Dead Ringer for Love before. 

I wish I hadn't now. 

Were touching on shit 21st birthday party music in a crappy pub function room now with Cher. Dancing about with some drunk auntie.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Were touching on shit 21st birthday party music in a crappy pub function room now with Cher. Dancing about with some drunk auntie.

I think you have just encapsulated the mood board for the legends slot. But with less sausage rolls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, danmarks said:

Madonna? 

Certain parts of her anatomy may be to young to qualify for legends slot. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I'd never heard Gypsies Tramps & Thieves or Dead Ringer for Love before. 

I wish I hadn't now. 

Oddly specific.

Back when I was dancing to Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey I certainly never foresaw them sinking as low as The Beat Goes On.

I Found Someone is a top quality, throat bleeding, big haired 80s power ballad banger and I'll have nothing said against it.

Going dresses as a gun turret for Turn Back Time.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Going dresses as a gun turret for Turn Back Time.

Someone in the other thread was going to build one to ride around on.  You could coordinate beforehand, meet in the pit and split the costs.  And maybe even find someone to take away the heartache.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Someone in the other thread was going to build one to ride around on.  You could coordinate beforehand, meet in the pit and split the costs.  And maybe even find someone to take away the heartache.

Excellent. I've already started saving the cardboard tube from loo rules. 

The Nal is my drunk auntie.

Auntie Nally. 

Footage of Arctic Monkeys playing: black & white, looks a bit post war, grim, everyone's on rations

Footage of Neil Diamond doing Sweet Caroline at the G: an explosion of Technicolor joy that you wish would never end. Psychedelia. All you need is love.

Glastonbury legend slots should be on the Unesco Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity list.