'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the one who sang "we are your friends" was off neighbours too, wasn't she?

I've no idea. Apologies if I came across as somebody with knowledge of Neighbours, but that was about the only fact I know because I remember my kids going on about it at the time. Otherwise this thread was becoming incomprehensible as I've no idea who these people are.

12 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I've no idea. Apologies if I came across as somebody with knowledge of Neighbours, but that was about the only fact I know because I remember my kids going on about it at the time. Otherwise this thread was becoming incomprehensible as I've no idea who these people are.

I think I might have the wrong song. I'm no neighbours fan either, but a guy who worked for me over a decade ago kept on going on about a song that (I think) 'Izzy' from Neighbours sang on.

From googling it tells me that she'd be Natalie Bassingthwaighte, who (along with acting) was in a band called Rogue Traders. So i guess it was something of that.

17 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Setlist:

1. Hand on your Heart

2. Spinning Around

3. Locomotion

4.  Je Ne Sais Pa Porquoi

5.  Shocked

6. Especially for You (with Beans On Toast)

7.  Where The Wild Roses Grown (with Nick Cave)

8. I Should Be So Lucky

9. (Obligatory New One)

10. Confide In Me

11. Can’t Get You Out Of My Head

12. Better The Devil You Know

I am not actually that excited about Kylie. Too early to say if I'll watch her or not.  However if number 6 was true I would 100% be there ??

1 hour ago, Pear_Cider said:

When I read that my immediate thought was Karen Carpenter! Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft :D 

Ooh to have her sultry velvety tones ringing out from the Pyramid! How tragic that it never happened and of course never will

* yes Rumer got a little close in 2011, but Kristina Train would IMHO be even closer - next year KT pls?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 1:18 AM, kalifire said:

Listening to Kylie on a sunny Saturday morning here and bloody hell, there's not a song I've heard yet which wouldn't be absolutely perfect for the Sunday afternoon slot. If the sun comes out and the mood is right, this could be even better than Dolly.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:42 AM, Boris said:

Steady on there. But she will be fab.

Kylie has far, far more tunes known to your average Glasto goer.

Yeah assuming she'll keep the new album songs to a minimum and do a straight run through of hits there'll barely be a song played that doesn't have place popping off. Trim her current setlist of the fat and it's pretty impressive just how many bangers she has. The weather would have to be pretty shite/she'd have to fuck the setlist up something special to stop this from being one of the guaranteed best sets of the weekend, or at least most smile inducing.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Maybe it's an age thing but apart from Can't Get You Outta My Head, Wow and Spinning Around I'm hard pressed for tunes I know. Apart from the really cheesy stuff like Locomotion. Certainly won't be dropping as many bangers as Lionel did for me.

Yeah same. Looking at her current setlists I only know Can't Get You Out of My Head, Spinning Around and the snippet of Where the Wild Roses grow.

Barry Gibb, Lionel and Dolly all had more songs that I'm familiar with, unless there are a lot of Kylie songs I'll know but not by name.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Maybe it's an age thing but apart from Can't Get You Outta My Head, Wow and Spinning Around I'm hard pressed for tunes I know. Apart from the really cheesy stuff like Locomotion. Certainly won't be dropping as many bangers as Lionel did for me.

Locomotion will be lapped up. Kylie is a cheesy artist though.