'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

20 minutes ago, Slavivlad said:

Verka Serduchka. All the way to numbah 1!

Yes!

Several years ago at Glasto a group of us had a fancy dress day as characters from wizard of oz. Someone saw our tin man and said "It's the Ukrainian eurovision entry!"

We were obviously too cool to get the reference, and definitely didn't start singing the song :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes!

Several years ago at Glasto a group of us had a fancy dress day as characters from wizard of oz. Someone saw our tin man and said "It's the Ukrainian eurovision entry!"

We were obviously too cool to get the reference, and definitely didn't start singing the song :ph34r:

She's a national hero!

I'm secretly hoping it's a red herring and it'll be Culture Club, Erasure, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses or The Eagles....none of which meets the solo female, non British statement! So yeah, Kylie would be cool since Madge is a little pricey...save her for 2020 ?

12 hours ago, twirlygirl said:

I'm secretly hoping it's a red herring and it'll be Culture Club, Erasure, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses or The Eagles....none of which meets the solo female, non British statement! So yeah, Kylie would be cool since Madge is a little pricey...save her for 2020 ?

12 hours later and an apoplectic @stuartbert two hats Is still formulating a reply......

12 minutes ago, twirlygirl said:

Oh what, why, what....why the anger?  ?

Have I missed a vital post? 

Don’t worry. 

Its a reference to Stu’s near maniacal insistence that the the Legend slot can only be filled by a solo artist. 

Even ELO aren’t a band. 

Edit: ‘Geoff Lynne’s ELO’, etc. 

Edited by Woffy

8 minutes ago, twirlygirl said:

Oh what, why, what....why the anger?  ?

Have I missed a vital post? 

No anger twirly, but @stuartbert two hats Does hold a mild obsession... sorry I meant opinion.... regarding the legend being singular, not a group! See some previous posts in this thread! Maybe he’s mellowed to the idea though... let’s await his response! x

Ha, I mean not to assist with stomach ulcer forming, Perhaps I should have popped up with Boy George accompanied by Culture Club, Glen Fry's son with the Eagles....no? 

I see, each to their own...else why would we have the forum. I'm quite finicky about who should be lined up for the The Other Stage and get a little vocal if they should be elsewhere...like the bandstand. 

12 hours ago, twirlygirl said:

You might get away with a couple of them: Bon Jovi is clearly by the name the Jon Bon Jovi, solo act, with variable random backing band; similarly Guns N Roses is Axl Rose and some hardware... others not so easy tho...

13 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It’s the fucking Tea Time Slot not the fucking Legends Slot. Fucks ache. 

Come on Woffstar, Emily has been trying to make that stick for years with no avail. Fucking Tea Time Slot like it's a jaysis WI meeting. Lets be having some Legends but not a band obvs. 

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Come on Woffstar, Emily has been trying to make that stick for years with no avail. Fucking Tea Time Slot like it's a jaysis WI meeting. Lets be having some Legends but not a band obvs. 

I’ve just been queuing at the tip to dispose of garden waste. I’m in a middle aged kinda mood. 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

A Google search for monkey with 2 hats didn't return the hoped for results but are you aware of this...two-hats-beer_fullsize_story1.jpg.396060d616ce11c3a16ef209655daadb.jpg

Well that didn't last long:

"MillerCoors is killing Two Hats - a beer aimed at millennials - just six months after its debut"

http://uk.businessinsider.com/millercoors-kills-beer-for-millennials-2018-8