'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Is it Legends or Legend slot btw? ;)

Legend's. Singular, possessive.

And it was Jeff Lynne's ELO. And that's the only one! Plus, it was an utter failure.

I don't know why this is remotely up for debate. It's clearly a slot for a single charismatic with a great and long career, not for bloody Blondie.

It's obvious!!!

Just now, Woffy said:

I’ve never taken issue with that...have I?

Anyhoo. So we can all agree it’s Kylie then?

I hope so.

It’ll be rammed and i’ll be elsewhere, but have zero issues with taking TLS / SATS.   

Someone noticed that I kept going on about them, not sure who. I'm just playing up the two hatted clichés tonight.

I'd never noticed it was singular before!  How remiss of me.  Though I obviously blame other people's grammar as they've probably just called it Legends not Legend's.  Or even Legends'.  Are we absolutely sure it is Legend's?  As it's not even officially referred to anything with "legend" in the title.  I suspect we may be overthinking this.  Or maybe not.

I agree that ELO was a failure in my estimation.  Whether or not it was Jeff Lynne's or not.  Boring.

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'd never noticed it was singular before!  How remiss of me.  Though I obviously blame other people's grammar as they've probably just called it Legends not Legend's.  Or even Legends'.  Are we absolutely sure it is Legend's?  As it's not even officially referred to anything with "legend" in the title.  I suspect we may be overthinking this.  Or maybe not.

I agree that ELO was a failure in my estimation.  Whether or not it was Jeff Lynne's or not.  Boring.

Well, I suppose it's both of those and neither, since as you say, the name is totally unofficial and festival are free to programme Bands at that time. But I don't have to like it!