'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We may have to agree to disagree on this one.

I guess so. I mean....part of it's to do with expectations. Would I have preferred him to have played Graceland and Sound of Silence and been a wee bit more in the zone? Sure. But the resulting gig was fine, and I dunno that even if he'd played ball on the setlist front and told a few jokes it would have delivered what you wanted from it.

At any rate, I'm glad I saw him.

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I guess so. I mean....part of it's to do with expectations. Would I have preferred him to have played Graceland and Sound of Silence and been a wee bit more in the zone? Sure. But the resulting gig was fine, and I dunno that even if he'd played ball on the setlist front and told a few jokes it would have delivered what you wanted from it.

At any rate, I'm glad I saw him.

He inspired me, and a few around me from the looks of things to have a mid-set nap.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2017, I was near the front of the Pyramid Stage watching Kris Kristofferson and trying to work out if that really was Bradley Cooper pretending to rock the Glasto crowd. Next, a young lady next to me told me with great conviction that Barbara Streisand was being booked for the legend slot in 2019. I nodded in the right places and thought it was just one of those crazy bizarre Glasto rumours.

Reading this thread reminded of that afternoon in the summer sun and left me thinking what if?

11 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Wouldn't book her for legend slot though. Would love to see her there. Incredibly good voice and some superb songs.

Gone for the ‘4th headliner’ legend spot as will never be a headliner or sub (as far too pop), too many hits and career length to take the ‘Katy Perry’ spot. Legend slot works for her career length, hits and a bit of Sunday afternoon fun for 90 mins.

16 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Gone for the ‘4th headliner’ legend spot as will never be a headliner or sub (as far too pop), too many hits and career length to take the ‘Katy Perry’ spot. Legend slot works for her career length, hits and a bit of Sunday afternoon fun for 90 mins.

I'd be in my element haha! One of my favourite voices on an artist ever. Insanely good live.

Saw her at V a couple of years ago and she was one of the highlights of the weekend.

Other stage headliner or sub on pyramid?

Would fit female, non British headliner brief & also has Good political & LGBT credentials.

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

She could definitely take the Katy Perry slot.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

She could definitely take the Katy Perry slot.

She wouldn't, or at least shouldn't, though.

When Perry was first announced, the talk on here was that she was a far bigger name than you'd expect them to be able to book for that slot given that when she tours she plays multiple nights at arenas.

Given that Pink has headlined (multiple) stadiums in the UK, and could easily walk into an IOW/BST/Rize headline slot, she's at least a couple notches above Perrys level and would be crazy to accept playing 3rd down.

Just now, incident said:

She wouldn't, or at least shouldn't, though.

When Perry was first announced, the talk on here was that she was a far bigger name than you'd expect them to be able to book for that slot given that when she tours she plays multiple nights at arenas.

Given that Pink has headlined (multiple) stadiums in the UK, and could easily walk into an IOW/BST/Rize headline slot, she's at least a couple notches above Perrys level and would be crazy to accept playing 3rd down.

Has she been selling out stadiums recently? I thought her heyday was years ago. I must admit I'm not that down with pop act size.

Maybe she could sub? I didn't realise Perry was third down. Pop acts do seem to punch below their weight at Glastonbury.

Legend slot I don't buy. Kylie, having started her career in the mid eighties is one thing, a noughties star is quite another. Have we ever had a legend slot whose first hit was less than 30 years earlier, let alone less than 20?

Looking at it, the stadium tour was 2010, so arguably wasn't recently - but still a few years after her spell as flavour of the month.

Sub would make the most sense in terms of where she is, but the question is would she want to do it when she could easily go talk to BST about a headline slot and ask for 5 times as much money.