'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I saw Celine on a chat show a couple of years ago (Ross maybe?) and thought she actually came across very well. Seemed quite down to earth and had a sense of humour. Not what I was expecting at all.

I'm sure she's a lovely person, just cant abide her music. Especially the titanic one. My "friends" went to the titanic museum in Belfast and sent me the darn video they have on a big screen. Not knocking her voice, each to their own, but not for me thanks.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Bonnie would knock all of us to pieces

Reading Festival 88. Every fucker was getting bottled off. Meat Loaf flounced, Deacon Blue lasted 1 song. Bonnie fronted it out and by the end of her set had the whole crowd singing along to It's A Heartache. Scenes.

In summary, Kylie absolutely fucking smashed it tonight. There were sparkly outfits. There was a rainbow confetti cannon. There was a glitter cannon. There was no slowed down stripped back version of Can't Get You Out Of My Head, went full throttle. In fact the ending segued seamlessly into the second half of FM's The Chain. There was a Lionel-level sing along to Especially For You. New material (with a couple of minor exceptions) fitted in seamlessly. Voice was spot on. No phoning it in. She looked like she was having an absolute blast.

Fuck yeah

Edited by Quark
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Quark said:

In summary, Kylie absolutely fucking smashed it tonight. There were sparkly outfits. There was a rainbow confetti cannon. There was a glitter cannon. There was no slowed down stripped back version of Can't Get You Out Of My Head, went full throttle. In fact the ending segued seamlessly into the second half of FM's The Chain. There was a Lionel-level sing along to Especially For You. New material (with a couple of minor exceptions) fitted in seamlessly. Voice was spot on. No phoning it in. She looked like she was having an absolute blast.

Fuck yeah

Great news! I'm so excited for this.

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Fuck yeah

That's good, glad you enjoyed. Maybe it was the stadium factor when I went many moons ago.

9 hours ago, Quark said:

Fuck yeah

Echo this.

Saw her in Birmingham last week and she was absolutely on top form.   It's a more "stripped back" set compared to what she's been doing for years but it works.   It's far more suited to the legend slot now.   She's in command of the band and the audience.   More relaxed than she's ever been and clearly having the time of her life doing things this way.   Sounding better than ever as well.  #TeamKylie 

Last night I watched the “Glastonbury Golden Greats” programme that was on BBC4 ealier this year (forgot I’d recorded it!). Reflections:

1. I am now sick as a dog at the thought of missing out on a ticket on Sunday.

2. Paul Simon looked to have stunk the place right out.

3. Has Ray Davies done it twice? Pretty sure I saw him on the Sunday afternoon in 1997...and he was on in 2010 too?

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Last night I watched the “Glastonbury Golden Greats” programme that was on BBC4 ealier this year (forgot I’d recorded it!). Reflections:

3. Has Ray Davies done it twice? Pretty sure I saw him on the Sunday afternoon in 1997...and he was on in 2010 too?

He was indeed on in 2010 - on the pyramid just after Slash on the Sunday IIRC

Edited by billum

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

He was there in 2010. Brought a full choir out with him. It was magical. 

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Paul Simon was shocking. No real banter, no real passion and far too many new songs. Shame really as i'd been really looking forward to seeing him

4 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Simon did stink, and stink hard. One of, if not the, most disappointing sets I've ever seen on the farm.

16 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

On the subject of acts with an advanced age and a distinct lack of apparent interest, what's Van Morrison like as a live performer these days? 

He's got a new album coming out  

Has there ever been a time when he hasn’t got a new album coming out?

Been getting some good reviews, relatively crowd-pleasing sets. 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd like to think I have a fairly balanced take on things and try not to jump to hyperbole... but he was dire.

And yet.....nah.  His setlist lacked a few belters and he was a bit quiet. But his band were good and the better known songs worked pretty well.  Not a slamdunk by any means, but it probably wasn't even the worst thing I saw that afternoon.

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And yet.....nah.  His setlist lacked a few belters and he was a bit quiet. But his band were good and the better known songs worked pretty well.  Not a slamdunk by any means, but it probably wasn't even the worst thing I saw that afternoon.

We may have to agree to disagree on this one.