'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

1 minute ago, slash's hat said:

Has anyone seen her live? I did, admittedly a stadium gig so sometimes things can get a bit lost, but I can't say I felt any stage presence and came away quite unimpressed. That's why I wonder if anyone else has seen her and been blown away? Maybe I got a bad night?

Seeing her at O2 next week (eeeek! :yahoo:) so I'll provide some up to date feedback.

Full disclosure: I am a 38 year old man and my excitement is in no way post-modern ironic. Stoked so I am :)

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Seeing her at O2 next week (eeeek! :yahoo:) so I'll provide some up to date feedback.

Full disclosure: I am a 38 year old man and my excitement is in no way post-modern ironic. Stoked so I am :)

I'm 43yr old female who considered her really naff in the old days apart from confide in me and the nick cave duet. It was off the back of the fever album that I went to see her. For me, seeing her now would be in an ironic way, much like when saw chesney hawkes couple of years ago....now he was great fun, lot of covers in his set obviously, but he outshone Jason Donovan who was on the same bill. Sorry getting bit side tracked here!

5 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I'm 43yr old female who considered her really naff in the old days apart from confide in me and the nick cave duet. It was off the back of the fever album that I went to see her. For me, seeing her now would be in an ironic way, much like when saw chesney hawkes couple of years ago....now he was great fun, lot of covers in his set obviously, but he outshone Jason Donovan who was on the same bill. Sorry getting bit side tracked here!

I went to see Craig David in an ironic way, but totally failed.  Turns out I actually like him!

2 hours ago, slash's hat said:

Has anyone seen her live? I did, admittedly a stadium gig so sometimes things can get a bit lost, but I can't say I felt any stage presence and came away quite unimpressed. That's why I wonder if anyone else has seen her and been blown away? Maybe I got a bad night?

I saw her at V festival in 2001.

Much like you I felt it was all fur knickers, tho nothing about it was bad - just too show-y.

I saw her on her first tour back in 2007/8? and I remember it being very showey, lots of choreography and backing dancers and costume changes etc.

Then I also saw her at Hyde Park a couple weeks ago. Needless to say at 40 there is a lot less of the running about and it's more just Kylie having fun, a lot more refined. I find her shows very enjoyable, but then again I was brought up on Kylie so her songs are very nostalgic for me.

Edited by Mattymooz

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I saw her on her first tour back in 2007/8? and I remember it being very showey, lots of choreography and backing dancers and costume changes etc.

Then I also saw her at Hyde Park a couple weeks ago. Needless to say at 40 there is a lot less of the running about and it's more just Kylie having fun, a lot more refined. I find her shows very enjoyable, but then again I was brought up on Kylie so her songs are very nostalgic for me.

40? Try 50. Looks about 30 though.

5 hours ago, slash's hat said:

Saw her at the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony in 2014 (don’t ask).

Though she undoubtedly wouldn’t have given it the beans, it was one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen. So dated and cliche.

30 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Depends who you're comparing too I guess. Perhaps standard pampered celeb looking years younger fare.

I'd have  been happy to look like that at 40. Not sure Mrs b would have approved though.

Maybe mid-late thirties then.

Microsoft thinks she's 34.

https://www.how-old.net/

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

Now that he finally turned grey, Paul certainly looks like he is in his late sixties, early seventies. But he may look 10-20 years younger on stage and tv, the energy the guy still has.

Nevertheless, how is it relevant how old Kylie or Madonna look? Is Kylie not looking 'legend' enough?

Yeah that was kind of my point!