'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

On 9/13/2018 at 4:49 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I think there's an expectation nowadays that it'll be a classic pop act, something everyone can have a drink, a dance and a big singalong to.

That's why ELO died on their arses, they didn't fit it.

I drank and sang along to every single song - I didn't care. Don't judge me...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I would've been happy with most of the names being thrown about for this, Kylie is definitely my first choice so this is ace if true.

Yeah my choice too although Cher would be great. I believe she'll play without the Sun saying but I'm keeping the Legend term mentioned losely as feel she could play above that slot.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

The Sun are normally quite decent with Glastonbury exclusives aren’t they? I know it was them who did the article on The Who headlining in 2015 anyway. I was hoping for Kylie anyway so would be very happy if it’s true.

Yeah, it was Dan Wootton who broke The Who story. I remember tweeting him he was talking bollocks because tgey were playing in Paris.

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah my choice too although Cher would be great. I believe she'll play without the Sun saying but I'm keeping the Legend term mentioned losely as feel she could play above that slot.

The Sun have said Cher turned it down because it didn’t pay enough, so you’d have to take both of those.

They’ve also said the headliners are Kendrick, Madonna and McCartney so I guess were done here. :P

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Sun have said Cher turned it down because it didn’t pay enough, so you’d have to take both of those.

They’ve also said the headliners are Kendrick, Madonna and McCartney so I guess were done here. :P

Tbf, unless there was another article about it I've just read it and he says Kendrick is in advanced negotiations to headline, Michael and Emily were chasing Madonna, and then says bookies have made Macca the favourite to headline and that a festival insider said "Macca would be an incredible headliner".

Obviously advanced negotiations would mean Kendrick would be pretty likely to end up doing it, but them chasing Madonna probably doesn't mean a lot, I'd expect them to be chasing her if she has a new album/tour planned. And the Macca thing is just them stating the bookies' favourite.

Just read the Kylie article and there's no beating around the bush in that one. Says she's playing the legends' slot and signed up to do so at the beginning of the year.

Also links to another article they published in July where she said she wants to play Glastonbury next year and is better equipped than she'd have been in 2005 as she's done more festivals and outdoor shows since then and has loved them. Did that article even get mentioned on here?

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbf, unless there was another article about it I've just read it and he says Kendrick is in advanced negotiations to headline, Michael and Emily were chasing Madonna, and then says bookies have made Macca the favourite to headline and that a festival insider said "Macca would be an incredible headliner".

Obviously advanced negotiations would mean Kendrick would be pretty likely to end up doing it, but them chasing Madonna probably doesn't mean a lot, I'd expect them to be chasing her if she has a new album/tour planned. And the Macca thing is just them stating the bookies' favourite.

Fair enough. Couldn't recall what they'd written.

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Kendrick/Madonna story was someone else.

So was this. But either way now that they've put it in print that she's playing it is more serious a consideration than the three headline names they've almost-claimed. Still, they got Foo Fighters wrong that time so we'll see.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. Couldn't recall what they'd written.

So was this. But either way now that they've put it in print that she's playing it is more serious a consideration than the three headline names they've almost-claimed. Still, they got Foo Fighters wrong that time so we'll see.

Yep was gonna say I can remember them being both wrong and right over the last few years, so it's not set in stone.