'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

On 7/24/2018 at 1:36 AM, bamber said:

Let's just expose the myth that Grace is a one hit sorta' girl. Nothing could be further from the truth.

OK she's got three songs I've heard of plus a Roxy Music cover which charted at 35.  No number ones or  top 10 hits and only three top twenty hits.  Single chart positions certainly aren't everything when judging a musician - except when it come to the legends slot perhaps.  No matter how much you like her, she doesn't fit the bill in my opinion.  It needs someone with loads of hits that everyone knows.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

OK she's got three songs I've heard of plus a Roxy Music cover which charted at 35.  No number ones or  top 10 hits and only three top twenty hits.  Single chart positions certainly aren't everything when judging a musician - except when it come to the legends slot perhaps.  No matter how much you like her, she doesn't fit the bill in my opinion.  It needs someone with loads of hits that everyone knows.

Agreed - but I'd still love her to play.

Blatantly already been mentioned but - Celine would be great IMO. 

Unsure what her current situation is or if she's performed much since the passing of her husband/boss. One of the greatest vocalists of all time though and some great tracks for an emotional pissed up sunny Sunday afternoon!

8 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Unsure what her current situation is or if she's performed much since the passing of her husband/boss. One of the greatest vocalists of all time though and some great tracks for an emotional pissed up sunny Sunday afternoon!

It's a big festival with dozens of stages.  A real broad church.  But still..

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:20 PM, fatyeti24 said:

It's a big festival with dozens of stages.  A real broad church.  But still..

I'm a little drunk and unsure what angle you're going for...

But I'd sooner watch Celine Dion over Adele, personally, and she's headlined the bugger.

On 31 July 2018 at 6:31 AM, Stokesy10 said:

Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you the names of any of her songs other than the one from that film, and that AC/DC cover that someone posted here a while back. Quite what emotions I'd be going through during your prospective Sunday afternoon is anyone's guess.

On 7/31/2018 at 5:31 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Touring Australia and NZ this month and resuming her Las Vegas residency after that right through til Feb/March next year.

13 hours ago, henry bear said:

Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you the names of any of her songs other than the one from that film, and that AC/DC cover that someone posted here a while back. Quite what emotions I'd be going through during your prospective Sunday afternoon is anyone's guess.

For the 1st 10 seconds of this alone she  should never be allowed to perform anywhere, ever.

• Downvote 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:41 AM, giantkatestacks said:

Did you see Adele? It actually really worked. 

I didn't watch it whilst I was at GF but I've seen it back in parts - I had no doubt it wouldn't, certainly not knocking her. But out of the two I'd have 100% watched Celine.