'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

21 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Has anyone mentioned Chaka Khan? or not Legend enough?

I think she's come up more as a WH headliner than a legends slot. 

In terms of big songs, which is kind of the legends benchmark I think(?), you're looking at I'm Every Woman, Feel For You and Ain't Nobody, so maybe not quite there for the Sunday camping chair crowd.

A Saturday night of funk on Holts however....now you're talking.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 4

On 7/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, Mattymooz said:

Cher is apparently making an album of Abba covers. Would make for a weird Legends slot if she's just singing a bunch of abba songs lol

album out in September, seems she was in the Mama Mia film sequel, hence doing an album.

her own tracks, a couple of Abba covers/medley thrown in, enough cheese there to entertain the Pyramid field/TV audience for an hour.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8467123/cher-reveals-track-list-for-abba-cover-album

The dream for me would be Nancy Sinatra. Fantastic run of vintage fromage hits in the 1960’s/1970’s, albeit a lot of them were collaborations. Emily started following her on Twitter last year. Probably not a big enough draw for that slot though, but would love to see her somewhere at GF. That’s assuming she’s still performing - she’s a bit long in the tooth.B)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, henry bear said:

The dream for me would be Nancy Sinatra. Fantastic run of vintage fromage hits in the 1960’s/1970’s, albeit a lot of them were collaborations. Emily started following her on Twitter last year. Probably not a big enough draw for that slot though, but would love to see her somewhere at GF. That’s assuming she’s still performing - she’s a bit long in the tooth.B)

Shes nearly 80 and long retired. Her mum died last week. Aged 101. 

On 7/24/2018 at 4:29 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Thought of another name... I don't know if it has been mentioned previously...

Shania Twain

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-09-10/shania-twain-on-finding-therapy-in-songwriting-and-making-her-big-comeback/

Would be absolutely loving that. Come On Over is an excellent album. She has a superb voice too. Can't see it happening at all though.

Sooner have her over Madge personally.

3 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Would be absolutely loving that. Come On Over is an excellent album. She has a superb voice too. Can't see it happening at all though.

Sooner have her over Madge personally.

I don't see Shania Twain getting the Legends slot, I'd see her getting a slot but not that one.

And I'd 100% have Madonna over her but I don't dislike Shania