2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah... only 4 more hours. 

is it just ZG or are there more bands to be announced?

New for Thursday are Mogwai, Black Box Revelation, Zwangere Guy, Miss Angel, Palace, Geike, The Vintage Caravan and Georgia. Also, Deaf Havana will play on Thursday at The Slope and not on Sunday as previously announced. Ibibio Sound Machine joins the programme for The Slope on Sunday. And with that, the line-up for Rock Werchter 2019 is now really complete.

Muse are playing for two and a half hours? Surely not? They usually do a 90 minute set.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Aech said:

Muse are playing for two and a half hours? Surely not? They usually do a 90 minute set.

Full stadium show on RW = 2h30

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Full stadium show on RW = 2h30

That's fucking amazing, I expected 100 mins max.

@Ken19 now it's all resolved can you tell us if they tried for any other names for this announcement or was it just taking what they could to fill gaps?

Edited by lightsnowpatrol

1 hour ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Quite happy with that tbh and the fact they acknowledged the mistake made on Thursday 

"However, there was a certain amount of dissatisfaction surrounding the curtailed programme for the Thursday, and we were keen to resolve that."

I'm really pleased that they took the feedback into account and went on to do something about it. It's not something you see happen every day! 👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

No, RW is not a festival that is taking what they could. Slope bands are most of the time bands that they have scouted in the past. So they have a sort of shortlist (more a long list) with interesting names. Zwangere Guy, Mogwai, BBR were already options before completing the program. But not every negotiation ends well, so they started again. 

Also don't forget that some of the bookers, also are the agent of a Belgian band (Geike for example). 

• Upvote 2

Florence vs The Good, The Bad and The Queen and Weezer vs Khruangbin are my only 2 clashes. Muse's new show is about 2h10m so 2h30m is justified  

28 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Only 90 mins for The Cure? That's a little disappointing

You mean Tool? The Cure is 2h15m

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nysmaw said:

"However, there was a certain amount of dissatisfaction surrounding the curtailed programme for the Thursday, and we were keen to resolve that."

I'm really pleased that they took the feedback into account and went on to do something about it. It's not something you see happen every day! 👏👏👏

Exactly. I'm not going to RW this year but I was very disappointed with the way the Thursday was handled. I still think that it's not really OK because it's not a full day yet (mainstage starts late and ends earlier) but they made the effort and put some bulk into it. Also there are long sets from the Cure (as expected), Muse (I don't believe they'll play the whole 2h30 but they play a full set), Pink, Underworld, TGTBATQ and Bastille. I'm sure as always that there gonna be a great atmosphere too. 

I also noticed on Twitter that they claim that they sold more than 80% of the tickets and that they've allocate more day tickets to the the pot, probably decreasing the amount of combi tickets so if anyone is still debating, decide quick.