3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

No, no Biffy, not this year, not the next year, not 2021... they have no fanbase in Belgium. Remember Pukkelpop 2016. Maybe, they release an album that changes everything in the future, but i doubt it.

I would expect they have a bigger fanbase than GVF (at least among the international RW crowd), but then I'll just have to give up on wishing for artists on the bigger stages, and hope that The Slope will be as awesome as last year.. :)

Most shitty line up EVER !  😭

Been going to Werchter for years now.
Bought my combi for the TOOL announcement, better should have taken a one day for that band because all the rest ... meh

Edited by PHILIP_11

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

No, no Biffy, not this year, not the next year, not 2021... they have no fanbase in Belgium. Remember Pukkelpop 2016. Maybe, they release an album that changes everything in the future, but i doubt it.

Any chance for Editors?

@Ken19 any idea on why they missed out on The Chemical Brothers? They seem to have always played at Werchter in the past when they had a new album out. I assume the bond between the festival and the act is quite strong.

I was actually quite certain they would be the dance act on the Thursday again, after P!nk. But it seems that won't be the case. It's a shame because they are a fantastic live act and their new stuff is really good. :(

Just now, lightsnowpatrol said:

Probably be more sub par names anyway so wouldn't get my hopes up

that's the spirit

11 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Probably be more sub par names anyway so wouldn't get my hopes up

They can't keep on giving us these mediocre names, can they?

There's always hope for improvement.

15 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

that's the spirit

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Unfortunately on my experience announcements never get better and with word we've had cancellations it don't look great. I still would realistically want vampire weekend and foals but knowing my luck we won't get any 

2 hours ago, Noahh said:

@Ken19 any idea on why they missed out on The Chemical Brothers? They seem to have always played at Werchter in the past when they had a new album out. I assume the bond between the festival and the act is quite strong.

I was actually quite certain they would be the dance act on the Thursday again, after P!nk. But it seems that won't be the case. It's a shame because they are a fantastic live act and their new stuff is really good. :(

The last two times they played RW the field was really empty... that does not help. They are not really cheap. It would help if they want to play a tent stage. 

The only name I don't care about is Foals.

Vampire Weekend and dEUS are the only ones that could save the day for me now. Please Werchter, this is literally hurting. Surprise us. In a good way for once.

Any chance Bob Dylan will play on the Sunday? He'd have to play three nights in a row, but he does that at least on two other occasion on his tour.... 

What about Neil Young??

Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 12.45.22.png

3 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Any chance Bob Dylan will play on the Sunday? He'd have to play three nights in a row, but he does that at least on two other occasion on his tour.... 

What about Neil Young??

I think that the travel from Norway to BE is tougher than domestic travel in Spain or Germany. So I would not get your hopes up! 

(would love for any of the two to play though)

21 minutes ago, Gossard said:

What about Neil Young??

Logistically it doesn't really make sense. At this point I think we have all headliners and subs, maybe another Bastille sized act on Thursday but no space anymore for acts like Bob Dylan or Neil Young. And Young just announced a Belgium show 2 weeks after the festival. 

19 minutes ago, pigital said:

I think that the travel from Norway to BE is tougher than domestic travel in Spain or Germany. So I would not get your hopes up! 

(would love for any of the two to play though)

It's under 2 hour flight from Oslo to Brussels.....

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

It's under 2 hour flight from Oslo to Brussels.....

Taking a look at the schedule, I think a lot is done by bus (so you can take your materials as well). Only long distances are probably done by plane, and therefore they calculate one day in between. Ofcourse it's just an estimation on the dates that we see, and I hope that I'm wrong 😉 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Hahaha.....I think you're right 😛

My hopes have gone further and further down with who else to expect , I'm just starting to look at the few positives of who we have.

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

After GvF - everything is an improvement. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, dave0h said:

After GvF - everything is an improvement. 

Thing that gets me is Greta Van fleet are probably good but the cheek of werchter replacing probably suitable acts with greet van fleet a cheap option I imagine is an insult