50 minutes ago, AlexMacca said:

Ah right wow, has anyone used these before? Because this would make everything so much easier

I used them last year. They have a stall right outside The Hive entrance where you can pickup the stuff you order online. You better do it soon though I think last preorders are tomorrow.

Could be quite a scorcher if this keeps up....

image.png.2e25e795827d9fa6f6f3f562f062c962.png

4 minutes ago, djd4 said:

I used them last year. They have a stall right outside The Hive entrance where you can pickup the stuff you order online. You better do it soon though I think last preorders are tomorrow.

Could be quite a scorcher if this keeps up....

image.png.2e25e795827d9fa6f6f3f562f062c962.png

Yeah I've just ordered everything I think I'll need anyway, really appreciate you sending that! Made this last minute rush a whole lot easier anyway

3 hours ago, polnico said:

Quick question, how is arriving on the Hive on thursday morning ? Is there still room to have 2 tents next to each other or it'll be impossible and we'll have to be separated ?

Won’t be a problem, they will open up new sections of the campsite where you can easily camp

5 minutes ago, laurelaa said:

are there lockers to put bags in around or at the festival site. 

I never used them, but I’m pretty sure they have lockers for rent inside the festival arena. 

There are three locker sizes:

• Charging locker (12x22x30cm) with power supply to charge a mobile phone (bring your own cable!) - rental price €7/day or €25 for the entire festival
  • Medium (25x30x45cm) - rental price €7/day or €25 for the entire festival
  • XLarge (50x30x45cm) - rental price €12/day or €45 for the entire festival

You have non-stop access to your locker and your belongings during the opening hours of the Festivalpark. One day lockers are cleared every night. All lockers need to be cleared on Sunday night, before the Festivalpark closes. Visit www.mobilelocker.eu for more info on the lockers.

Edited by Otto77

Great edition once again, personal favorites were Tool, Kylie (only half though), Florence, The Blaze, Paul Kalkbrenner, Parkway Drive and Mac DeMarco ! Only problem was the heat (nothing we can do about this...) and the fact that they did only allow "hard plastic" bottles. I think that allowing empty regular plastic bottles like last year would have been a nice gesture since the heat but whatever. Also, was quite gutted when I realized that the Proximus stand from other years where you could just give your charger and they would charge your phone for free was gone... Hovewer, amazing edition once again, bring on next year ! 

My body is destroyed but was another great year, think I'll sleep for the next week though.

Edit: Personal favourite was Muse, however the crowd was very disappointing. Mumford & Sons were fantastic and had a great crowd as was Florence. Biggest surprises of the weekend for me were Richard Ashcroft, Parkway Drive, Lizzo, Macklemore and most of all P!NK who put on a great show in the end and everyone I talked to was surprised at how great she was. The Cure smashed it and afterwards I stuck around for Tool at the front but was nothing but confused and disappointed, technically brilliant but I just didn't understand what they were trying to do, lead singer was at the back in darkness and they had no cameras on the band, just confusing visuals and long instrumentals. Was also very dissapointed by The 1975, Matty Healey just acted like a self obsessed c**t, probably because his crowd was very small. Weezer, BMTH, Two Door Cinema Club and Miles Kane were also great among others.

Edited by Aech

1 hour ago, Aech said:

Personal favourite was Muse, however the crowd was very disappointing

No idea what was going on that night.  Matt Belamy threw his guitar and pretty much walked off stage.  I think we were all expecting them to come back and do a final number or two but they never did. Awkward silence and then the fireworks which didnt time with the ending.  Where i was standing a lot of people were singing along all night but i've read elsewhere (as you say) that the crowd didn't get into them as much.  Maybe its that Muse have played too recently?  IIRC, Sunday was the least succesful day in terms of tickets?  I enjoyed the show but the ending sucked for me.  Dissapointing.

I REALLY enjoyed this years RW, even despite the stifling sun on Saturday.  Richard Ashcroft, Parkway Drive, Bastille and P!NK were brilliant shows, and The Cure were simply wonderful. When the full line up was published I was dissapointed with it but in the end it worked out well - less stress trying to get to your 'must see' bands, more time to just chill with a beer on the meadow and an opportunity to catch some new bands.  New bands I hadn't seen live and  enjoyed included Two Door Cinema Club, YungBlud and The Good, The Bad & The Queen - who rocked even though the barn was practically empty! Whatever Damon was on that night - it worked :D

I'm hoping for a more solid program next year and that RW continue to take on our feedback. Really appreciated the extra shade this year and ability to take in your own water bottle.  The Hive extended the shower times to 10pm too which helped in the unforgiving heat.

21 hours ago, polnico said:

Only problem was the heat (nothing we can do about this...) and the fact that they did only allow "hard plastic" bottles. I think that allowing empty regular plastic bottles like last year would have been a nice gesture since the heat but whatever.

This was really confusing!  I had a 750ml empty Buxton bottle with me....

Thursday - took it in, no problem. 

Friday - get told "thats too large, sorry" so i go to a different line and get it in no problem.  I tweeted RW who confirmed no size limits.

Saturday - "no supermarket style plastic bottles".  Yup, on the hottest day of the event when its been no issue any other day. 

Sunday - Bring in the 500ml Spa Reine blue plastic bottle from RW.

I'm happy to bring a camping bottle next year - no problem - even though they have never been allowed before (due to weight).  Just would be nice to have clear rules, particularly when the weather is so hot. 

I've read quite often that the sound during the Muse concert was bloody awful and way too low......

Can anybody elaborate on this?

There seemed to be some complaints about their playing time too, since they didn't fill the whole 2,5 hour slot, which was misleading in first place because Muse are only playing for 2 hours on their current tour.....

The same thing goes for the Muse concert in Cologne, that I attended. It was scheduled from 20:15 until 22:45, but Muse only played their usual 2 hour show....

I wonder what the demand for 2,5 hours was all about.....

Edited by Hullabaloo92

Another awsome edition, even with the boliing heat, but who can really complain after four days of sun. Could have been way much worse... My top 10;

1. Weezer
  2. Barns Courtney
  3. Lewis Capaldi
  4. Richard Ashcroft
  5. Nothing But Thieves
  6. The Slow Readers Club
  7. P!nk
  8. Zeal & Ardor
  9. Mumford & Sons
  10. Kylie

Biggest disappointments were Our Last Night, Bastille and The Cure (who was as boring as I feared they would be). I'm starting to get old so totally smashed after 4 pretty much whole days, but have extended my count of bands seen live to 628, so quite happy. Already looking forward to next year :)

Matt Bellamy threw the guitar after Starlight. They did a big bow and threw picks and stuff after Knights of Cydonia. It definitely didn't look like they'll be back to me and people around me.

Muse is 2h30m cause they can be late sometimes. Last year they had 2h slot and 1h40m show and they were late 20 minutes and finished just on time

Also I would love if all days were like that sunday. It had more action, moshpits and more space than all the rest days I saw before. Only Muse and New Order had a good crowd numbers wise I thought

Other thoughts I'm dead :lol: 12 days of partying in 3 countries and now 36 hours rest then Exit

Edited by Nicklord

Atmosphere for Robyn , Years & Years and Lizzo was great. Enjoyed bits of Weezer and Kylie, brilliant to here the Cure's 'lullaby'. Ibibio sound machine and Brockhampton very fun. Crowd for Muse was terrible, I was the only person singing or jumping as far as I could see in any direction. During the whole set I made sure not to bump into people but once I ever so slightly bumped into someone and got daggers. It's a rock show, do f**k off. Forgot how many hits P!nk has, very impressive setlist. Macklemore sounded like an arsehole talking to the crowd. Had to leave Mumford, not for me at all . Saturday was the hottest I've ever felt. Didn't find it hard to find shade or at a push take a seat in an unoccupied Klub C/barn. The only queues were the water stations and leaving the arena. So easy to get to airport,Leuven and get shuttle. While 2017 had vastly superior line up,still really enjoyed this year's experience and will return! Oh yeah and I had to go to A&E and I'm on crutches following an accident shortly after landing back home. Maybe the weekend caught up with me haha