1 hour ago, AlexMacca said:

Due to a bad breakup it looks like I'll be selling my combi and Hive ticket sadly, is there a certain site I'm best using? Gutted!

That's no good. Sorry for ya.
The most reliable website is Ticketswap. But you are not the only one and it isn't sold out. At the moment 225 people hope to sell their tickets and prices fall day after day.
Good luck!

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, Scarnic said:

As there are a lot of non Belgium or Dutch people on this forum, how are you all getting to Werchter?

Just interested to hear any long journeys and maybe there are chances we are all travelling in groups!

I am travelling with a group of 2 cars on the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge overnight.

Flying from Edinburgh on the 6am flight on Thursday. Planning to get the free train to Leuven and staying in a hotel there :)

• Upvote 1

Just wondering if anyone here has used ticket swap before? some lovely savings on combi tickets on there but wondering if its legit. Looks it but was curious that if it's all etickets then how can you be sure that the seller doesn't still go into the festival with the barcode they've sold you before you do, making your ticket void?

2 hours ago, RUMINE said:

Just wondering if anyone here has used ticket swap before? some lovely savings on combi tickets on there but wondering if its legit. Looks it but was curious that if it's all etickets then how can you be sure that the seller doesn't still go into the festival with the barcode they've sold you before you do, making your ticket void?

use ticket swap regularly...never been duped, but there is no 100% guarantee of course. It is a household name in Holland; even some festivals tell you to only use ticket swap in case it sold out.

15 hours ago, Judithmt said:

use ticket swap regularly...never been duped, but there is no 100% guarantee of course. It is a household name in Holland; even some festivals tell you to only use ticket swap in case it sold out.

I agree with this.
Used it a few times, both as a buyer and as a seller. Always ran smoothly.
No 100% guarantee. Every year RW has a handfull ticketswap problems. Let's say it is 99,5% guaranteed.
As I buy, I always try to check the facebook profile (there is a picture and name beside each offer). No picture or a strange name is no buy.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, AlexMacca said:

Due to a bad breakup it looks like I'll be selling my combi and Hive ticket sadly, is there a certain site I'm best using? Gutted!

Same here, I have some other obligations in early July, so I had to cancel my plans for Rock Werchter....

Dispite they were missing some key acts this year it was still by far my number one pick and I was so eager to see all my favourite bands all together in one place once again........my hopes are on 2020!

This question might have been asked before, but I have a combi ticket and am going to go from Brussels to Werchter everyday. First of all, is the shuttle bus from Leuven to the festival site itself free with the ticket or is it only 1 time and we pay the other times. Also can someone explain what the 'free train ticket' mean? As in, is it for one time use, one time go and come back or is it applicable for all four days coming and going. Thanks. 

The shuttle bus from Leuven station to the festivalsite is free of charge, you don't have to pay and can use it as many times as you want. The train ticket is usable only for 1 journey to the festivalsite and 1 journey to the station you were coming from. So you have to buy train tickets for the other journeys.

1 hour ago, laurelaa said:

am going to go from Brussels to Werchter everyday. 

The problem is how do you  return to Brussels from Leuven every night. There are no trains after midnight. I think that there are some night busses (on the weekend, so not on every night of the festival) but not all night. Might worth to check De Lijn website. 

2 hours ago, laurelaa said:

am going to go from Brussels to Werchter everyday. 

That sounds horrific. The shuttle bus from and to Leuven is free to hop on and off during the festival. The free ticket you get can be used from Brussels to Leuven and back but only once. 

Going to and from Brussels everyday is going to ruin your experience. Unless they've changed it the walk to the shuttle bus and festival is about a 40 minute walk, and that's hard enough after a day in the festival. Your going to be exhausted. 

FYI I averaged 100,000 steps last year over 5 days of the festival with the walk to and from the shuttle bus. That coupled with a journey to Brussels. I don't think I Could do it. Why aren't you camping if you have combi ticket?

Edited by santowhir

2 hours ago, Otto77 said:

The shuttle bus from Leuven station to the festivalsite is free of charge, you don't have to pay and can use it as many times as you want. The train ticket is usable only for 1 journey to the festivalsite and 1 journey to the station you were coming from. So you have to buy train tickets for the other journeys.

2 hours ago, e2p2 said:

The problem is how do you  return to Brussels from Leuven every night. There are no trains after midnight. I think that there are some night busses (on the weekend, so not on every night of the festival) but not all night. Might worth to check De Lijn website. 

There is a bus that goes from Leuven train station to Brussels every night.

Shuttle bus to Brussels

After the end of every festival day, a shuttle bus runs from the Leuven train station to Brussels. This bus will halt at the Brussels North, Brussels Central and Brussels South (Midi) railway stations. The shuttle bus leaves every night, about 1,5 hours after the end of the last performance, at De Lijn platform 2 in Leuven. That is just a few steps away from the bus stop where the festival shuttle bus from Werchter drops you off. One ticket, for one one-way ride to Brussels, costs €18. Tickets are available now through Ticketmaster. Get yours in time. The number of tickets to this special shuttle service to Brussels is limited.

I agree with other posters though, it'll be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Edited by djd4
  • Upvote 1

Well I've decided to still go to the festival despite the breakup, but this also means I'm going to the festival on a budget! And because I'm already away in Amsterdam beforehand I won't have any camping gear with me.... I'll be heading into Leuven on Tuesday and noticed there's an Aldi, anybody know whether they will have most of what I need? Cheers

Well I've decided to still go to the festival despite the breakup, but this also means I'm going to the festival on a budget! And because I'm already away in Amsterdam beforehand I won't have any camping gear with me.... I'll be heading into Leuven on Tuesday and noticed there's an Aldi, anybody know whether they will have most of what I need? Cheers

4 hours ago, AlexMacca said:

Good to hear!
Be carefull. Camping equipment is usually only a temorary offer at Aldi. Very limited, only a few pieces per shop. Big chance they are sold out in the wide region off Rock Werchter. Check also some alternatives.

Enjoy RW!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AlexMacca said:

I went to that Aldi last year, great for booze, fags and snacks but it's not a very big Aldi and I don't remember seeing any camping stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AlexMacca said:

This might work https://www.tentenzo.com/engels/home/

• Like 1