1 hour ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Quite happy with that tbh and the fact they acknowledged the mistake made on Thursday 

"However, there was a certain amount of dissatisfaction surrounding the curtailed programme for the Thursday, and we were keen to resolve that."

I'm really pleased that they took the feedback into account and went on to do something about it. It's not something you see happen every day! ???

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

No, RW is not a festival that is taking what they could. Slope bands are most of the time bands that they have scouted in the past. So they have a sort of shortlist (more a long list) with interesting names. Zwangere Guy, Mogwai, BBR were already options before completing the program. But not every negotiation ends well, so they started again. 

Also don't forget that some of the bookers, also are the agent of a Belgian band (Geike for example). 

• Upvote 2

Florence vs The Good, The Bad and The Queen and Weezer vs Khruangbin are my only 2 clashes. Muse's new show is about 2h10m so 2h30m is justified  

28 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Only 90 mins for The Cure? That's a little disappointing

You mean Tool? The Cure is 2h15m

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nysmaw said:

"However, there was a certain amount of dissatisfaction surrounding the curtailed programme for the Thursday, and we were keen to resolve that."

I'm really pleased that they took the feedback into account and went on to do something about it. It's not something you see happen every day! ???

Exactly. I'm not going to RW this year but I was very disappointed with the way the Thursday was handled. I still think that it's not really OK because it's not a full day yet (mainstage starts late and ends earlier) but they made the effort and put some bulk into it. Also there are long sets from the Cure (as expected), Muse (I don't believe they'll play the whole 2h30 but they play a full set), Pink, Underworld, TGTBATQ and Bastille. I'm sure as always that there gonna be a great atmosphere too. 

I also noticed on Twitter that they claim that they sold more than 80% of the tickets and that they've allocate more day tickets to the the pot, probably decreasing the amount of combi tickets so if anyone is still debating, decide quick. 

Not the best line up - but it's all right! 

27 June

Zwangere guy
Black box revelation
Mogwai
Olafur arnalds
Richard ashcroft ( half)
Vance joy
Elbow

28 June

Whispering sons
Kurt vile
The 1975
Weezer
Bring me the horizon
Years and years ( half)
The cure
The twilight sad ( half)
Tool

29 June

All them witches
The Marcus King band
Miles Kane
Beirut
Bear's den
Two doors cinema club ( half)
Macklmore
Florance and the machine
Mumford and sons

30 June

Sports team
Lewis Capaldi
Tamino
Parkway drive
Balthazar
Mac Demarco ( half)
Greta van fleet
New order (half)
Muse

Lineup  doesn't grab me like 2017 but there's enough to keep me interested and I haven't taken much time to listen to acts unknown to me. Do they still have screens/ speakers outside klub c / the barn if it's full? Could be a nightmare trying to get there early enough. Has anyone set up a loner attendee group this year yet?

19 hours ago, Aech said:

Muse are playing for two and a half hours? Surely not? They usually do a 90 minute set.

Pretty sure the guys in Muse themselves have previously said they don't like playing longer than 2 hours. So I was presuming 1hr45-2hr, or about the same length as the current Simulation Theory Tour show, which I think is longer than the 1hr40 Drones Tour.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Pretty sure the guys in Muse themselves have previously said they don't like playing longer than 2 hours. So I was presuming 1hr45-2hr, or about the same length as the current Simulation Theory Tour show, which I think is longer than the 1hr40 Drones Tour.

Their show at Werchter Boutique (2013) was 2h15.

Super happy about what Werchter have done  ! Mogwai, BBR and Vintage Caravan are great additions to an already stacked line-up ! Just surprised that Kid Cut Up is above all those names on the new Posters + on the website, I guess it was a problem with all the contracts but come on, Mogwai lower than Kid Cut Up is crazy ! Thanks to Ken19 and Jazebel for all the infos, having insiders makes the waiting game much more exciting ! :D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, polnico said:

Super happy about what Werchter have done  ! Mogwai, BBR and Vintage Caravan are great additions to an already stacked line-up ! Just surprised that Kid Cut Up is above all those names on the new Posters + on the website, I guess it was a problem with all the contracts but come on, Mogwai lower than Kid Cut Up is crazy ! Thanks to Ken19 and Jazebel for all the infos, having insiders makes the waiting game much more exciting ! :D 

I second that, thank you @Ken19 and @Jazebel

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Their show at Werchter Boutique (2013) was 2h15.

I do recall the Unsustainable Tour concerts being longer than usual but I do wonder if more recent comments during both the Drones and ST campaigns indicate they're preferring now to cap it at 2hours.

Or indeed if they break the rule for the upcoming London Stadium show.