19 hours ago, Dyceloon said:

thanks very much to all the replys regarding my questions re this festival .

all so helpful .

I have noticed that on the website , there's a "no trolley" rule .  

is this actually enforced ? . usually take one to avoid multiple car trips . seems a very odd rule .

Yeah it's a debatable subject. I always take a 70kg collapsible sack barrow and have no problems( apart from going through their security check gates as they are less than 1m wide).

I just feel they are referring to a kids trolley which are quite popular in Benelux. These are big wooden trolleys that are bigger than a supermarket trolley.

30 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

Yeah it's a debatable subject. I always take a 70kg collapsible sack barrow and have no problems( apart from going through their security check gates as they are less than 1m wide).

I just feel they are referring to a kids trolley which are quite popular in Benelux. These are big wooden trolleys that are bigger than a supermarket trolley.

thanks  for that. Ill maybe pop one in the car and if i see a few others with theses heading for gates ill just use it ?  

11 hours ago, Jazebel said:

The optimism in you guys... like anything the size of Editors or Placebo would be added in this phase.

Is that an indication that something at all will be added? I don't care if it's a gypsy band, a Justin Bieber cover band or an actual band of horses, as long as they make sure that the Thursday will open up earlier.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Is that an indication that something at all will be added? I don't care if it's a gypsy band, a Justin Bieber cover band or an actual band of horses, as long as they make sure that the Thursday will open up earlier.

That's a three outta three! ? 
The 'actual band of horses' made me laugh though :)

23 hours ago, Scarnic said:

I have noticed that on the website , there's a "no trolley" rule .  

is this actually enforced ? . usually take one to avoid multiple car trips . seems a very odd rule .

22 hours ago, Scarnic said:

They seem to refer specifically to those two-wheeled hand trucks. It's in the section about motorised vehicles and trailers, so I think it's because these things can be heavy and can carry a (very) heavy load. This can put others in danger (when heavy) as they're difficult to handle and accidents waiting to happen with inexperienced people using them. (They have to draw a line somewhere.) Maybe if you go through security it's also a bit of a hassle to check the load. They'll indeed (probably) have less of an issue with lighter-weight carts and four-wheelers, if not stacked very high. 

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, Death By Sexy said:

They became smaller in Belgium since then.

My guess is sadly Editors.

Always surprises me Editors have previously gone to Belgium as festival/arena headliners when in the UK their popularity seems to have gone backwards since In This Light and On This Evening.

10 hours ago, StupidDream said:

They seem to refer specifically to those two-wheeled hand trucks. It's in the section about motorised vehicles and trailers, so I think it's because these things can be heavy and can carry a (very) heavy load. This can put others in danger (when heavy) as they're difficult to handle and accidents waiting to happen with inexperienced people using them. (They have to draw a line somewhere.) Maybe if you go through security it's also a bit of a hassle to check the load. They'll indeed (probably) have less of an issue with lighter-weight carts and four-wheelers, if not stacked very high. 

We always have a couple of hand trucks in our group. Never been asked to not use them. If they do decide to not let you on site with them you can still get your stuff the 200m(ish) to the gate.

But yeah understand the overloaded toppling trolleys and also if wet would churn up the ground  (wouldn't use it over mud anyways).

Funny... I said it before, don't expect too much, but at least they've tried to do something and listened to the criticism (which they deserved). Two sold out shows in AB. This man deserves to be on RW this year. We only had 5 Belgian names until now. 

• Like 1

New for Thursday are Mogwai, Black Box Revelation, Zwangere Guy, Miss Angel, Palace, Geike, The Vintage Caravan and Georgia. Also, Deaf Havana will play on Thursday at The Slope and not on Sunday as previously announced. Ibibio Sound Machine joins the programme for The Slope on Sunday. And with that, the line-up for Rock Werchter 2019 is now really complete.