Probably rumors based on someones high hopes.. Those without a reliable source for some reason have a tendency of creating the biggest fires..

That said.. They should really do something about the Thursday. I sent them an e-mail where they apologized, but when I asked if they thought half a product should result in half the price, the silence was deafening... 

On 3/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, Ken19 said:

Don't get your hopes up. It doesn't work like that. 

On 3/22/2019 at 1:31 PM, lighthouse said:

That's true, but a normal festival day doesn't work like they presented it either.

I think they first need to decide which explanation they are going to use... I've read and translated some news articles now, and it seems like they still use the start of summer vacation as a reason (which in my opinion doesn't make any sense). If that is the case, then they can easily change their mind and add some artists to the start of the day, or at least reduce the prices. 

If Pink is the reason, I can understand why The Slope can't have any artist after main stage opens, but that still doesn't exclude adding acts in the tents at earlier hours. No matter how you twist or turn this, that day still needs to be cheaper if they don't extend it. Anything else is borderline fraud and I at least won't accept to pay the same price for an amputated product. 

1 hour ago, Maartiinn said:

They could book a serious number of acts for the Thursday in order to improve it to the usual Rock Werchter standards. I am thinking Parcels for example.

Parcels are already playing Pukkelpop. And that is immediately the main issue: almost all acts that could beef up the Thursday have already announced other Belgian festival appearances or a standalone Belgian show. 

If RW is even doing any compensation at all, it'll be something like a few free drink/food tickets for the Thursday/combi ticket holders. 

8 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Parcels are already playing Pukkelpop. And that is immediately the main issue: almost all acts that could beef up the Thursday have already announced other Belgian festival appearances or a standalone Belgian show. 

If RW is even doing any compensation at all, it'll be something like a few free drink/food tickets for the Thursday/combi ticket holders. 

It is a shame that Rock Werchter is missing out on some very good and unexpensive (at least it seems) acts that would make the lineup more consistent: Shame, Idles, Foals... All for different reasons of course but it seems like consistency is missing between great acts such as Tool, The Cure, TGTBTQ, New Order, etc.

There should be some sort of official communication from RW explaining why the Thursday turned out like this, and if not, some acts added to simply make the Thursday worth its price for international customers.

12 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

There are more than enough decent names out there if they are willing to spend the money. I though, would be happy if they just filled up the day with some decent smaller/unknown bands for that matter. I just need something to chill with when I enjoy the sun (??!!) and some beers, before the place gets crowded. It's the disrespect they show for their customers when they suddenly decide to cut a day in half that annoys me the most, especially as a person who enjoys the first part of the days the most.

I've sent a request for a refund of 12,5% of my combi ticket. I don't have any expectations that they will give me anything (or even answer), but at least it's done. I've also said that I can accept food/drink coupons for the same amount, which would be equivalent of about €30.

4 minutes ago, Maartiinn said:

It is a shame that Rock Werchter is missing out on some very good and unexpensive (at least it seems) acts that would make the lineup more consistent: Shame, Idles, Foals... All for different reasons of course but it seems like consistency is missing between great acts such as Tool, The Cure, TGTBTQ, New Order, etc.

There should be some sort of official communication from RW explaining why the Thursday turned out like this, and if not, some acts added to simply make the Thursday worth its price for international customers.

They have made an official comment about it in the local news where they use two different (bad) explanations. One is the start of the Belgium holidays which would mean increased traffic and that some of their customers still had school, and the second part is about Pink wanting here DJ to perform at the main stage between acts (which is the reason there is no The Slope).

Thinking about it, does the vacation in Belgium start with a Friday off? Otherwise, why would making changes to the Thursday make any sense anyway? Those that have school duties will still have them on Friday, and those travelling on vacation will probably not leave until after work Friday. 

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

They have made an official comment about it in the local news where they use two different (bad) explanations. One is the start of the Belgium holidays which would mean increased traffic and that some of their customers still had school, and the second part is about Pink wanting here DJ to perform at the main stage between acts (which is the reason there is no The Slope).

Thinking about it, does the vacation in Belgium start with a Friday off? Otherwise, why would making changes to the Thursday make any sense anyway? Those that have school duties will still have them on Friday, and those travelling on vacation will probably not leave until after work Friday. 

Both excuses are indeed very bad and incredibly not believable? I am still personally hoping for a last minute surprise...

And the Friday is the sold out day... It does not make sense.

After all I personally hope that the vibe is not ruined on the Thursday and that festival goers are still up for a good party even if the acts are not up to the usual standards, the crowd will be!

46 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I just noticed Gossip are playing in the Netherlands and in Luxembourg in July but have no belgian date yet.

I know our line up should be completed but they would fit perfectly between Bastille and Vance Joy on the Thursday :P

Just got announced as a main stage act for NOS Alive

I still don't know how they are going to manage the tent acts on the Thursday. I really would like to see Richard Ashcroft but realise that I would have to be inside the tent immediately after the previous band finishes. 

30k people all on one side of the festival park, as there is no popular/attractive band on the main, seems like a real safety issue.

1 hour ago, Scarnic said:

I still don't know how they are going to manage the tent acts on the Thursday. I really would like to see Richard Ashcroft but realise that I would have to be inside the tent immediately after the previous band finishes. 

The plus side of a non sold out edition is the ease of getting in the tents, going to the front, etc. 2016 edition was piece of cake, I could see whoever I want whenever I want, without interfere anybody. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

The Cure starting at 20:20 and ending in the daylight would be terrible. I think/hope they'll start at 9pm at the earliest.

If Tool and The Cure are both getting their full set and the Main Stage will close around 01:00 O' clock, one of them has to start that early.

Since Nine Inch Nails didn't close the Barn last year, I also thought about the possibility that Kylie/New Order/TGTB&TQ could play a bit earlier. But as I'll most likely be watching the last 3 Main Stage acts on each day to stay in the front rows, I should probably miss those Barn acts anyway.

1 hour ago, xtrmntr75 said:

Just looking for a wee bit of info folks please. Fancy coming to this this time. Is there travel options back to Brussels after the last acts have finished?

Trains stops at midnight so not really an option. It's either driving, taxi or going for one of the official packages - https://deboeck-incoming.com/en/content/https-deboeck-incoming-com-en-content-rock-werchter-2018-13-13 (linked from the RW website)