6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

It's under 2 hour flight from Oslo to Brussels.....

Taking a look at the schedule, I think a lot is done by bus (so you can take your materials as well). Only long distances are probably done by plane, and therefore they calculate one day in between. Ofcourse it's just an estimation on the dates that we see, and I hope that I'm wrong ? 

• Like 1

I come to RW since the early ´90. Never seen a worth line like this year. I still have no ticket and i do not think buying one. If you see lineup from Madcool you have Iggy Pop, Smashing Pumpkins, The better half of Oasis, Teenage Fanclub, The Hives, Wolfmother till now.

Take a look ad Doctor Music Festival! This is a amazing lineup. And it is just one week later. Very unfortunately at this timeiam on vacation with my family. Otherwise this would be my number one choice.

What does RW offers? Pink and other crab! 

Give us Neil Young, Smashing Pumpkins, The Strokes, Sisters of Mercy, Teenage Fanclub, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Paul Heaton from the Housemartins! 

Then i may will change my mind, Mr. Live Nation 

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Good. 

Despite all cancellations, we'll still have dEUS, Vampire Weekend and Raconteurs to look forward to, 

If those are the best names remaining, there will at least be a lot of drinking time at this years festival... I'd take the Raconteurs, and I'm sure the two others are ok although not to my taste, but I really hope that there are some bands that haven't announced too much of a tour yet that might come as a surprise. If going back to the 90's is what's needed to get some decent bands in, then so be it! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

I come to RW since the early ´90. Never seen a worth line like this year. I still have no ticket and i do not think buying one. If you see lineup from Madcool you have Iggy Pop, Smashing Pumpkins, The better half of Oasis, Teenage Fanclub, The Hives, Wolfmother till now.

Take a look ad Doctor Music Festival! This is a amazing lineup. And it is just one week later. Very unfortunately at this timeiam on vacation with my family. Otherwise this would be my number one choice.

Give us Neil Young, Smashing Pumpkins, The Strokes, Sisters of Mercy, Teenage Fanclub, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Paul Heaton from the Housemartins! 

Eh, its all a matter of opinion, I'm disappointed with RW this year however I still think its several miles better than that Doctor Music lineup.

Not sure if a group consisting of a member from Blink 182 and All Time Low can be considered a supergroup as per Download's description, but with the lack of interesting names, I'd give Simple Creatures a go. If they're playing on Download I guess there's a chance they're in Europe during Werchter as well. Bear's Den would also be nice, and even though @Ken19 are ruling out Biffy, I'm still crossing my fingers (maybe desperate times calls for desperate measures). 

3 hours ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

Doctor Music is good if that's your thing. Many better lineups this year imo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, djd4 said:

What are the chances of Eddie Vedder getting announced? Big gap between his Italy and London gigs.

Would have been great, but as RW seems to feel that they have filled all the major slots, I doubt it. It would however save the Sunday, and especially if they also booked Glen Hansard, which then of course would be invited to stage at the EV-concert :)

I still find it very strange that Editors don't have a show announced in Belgium this summer yet. That being said, they would slot very easily into the Thursday between Pink and Bastille. I'm expecting them to be announced next (hopefully today). 

Others that I would say are likely to be announced: Vampire Weekend, Foals, dEUS, Hot Chip, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Deaf Havana. Hopefully they give us a nice package of 10-15 names with most of the remaining main stage acts and the Klub C/Barn headliners being announced.