2 hours ago, visdave34 said:

My guess: Editors as the sub for Muse and Charlotte de Witte (who was going to announce epic news this week according to Ken19, so maybe a dance closer spot on main stage for the Thursday?)

Pretty close! As in: don't ever let me guess again...

• Upvote 3

Hahaha nah come on they are surely not subbing - It has to be Muse > TBA > Greta Van Fleet > Balthazar.

It is worrying though that they've not announced anything for sunday for so long, then this comes through - almost as if it's the best they could get for a replacement, selling them as 'the new generation of rock'.

I don't understand how they could have a band that would easily play 6th Main Stage on the Friday, sub the Sunday.

Edited by frontsidecab
  • Like 1

Plan A cancels his performance, long negotiations with plan b (i guess the same big name for open’er, mad cool...)... Other options were impossible. So, Greta Van Fleet was not the plan, obviously.

Like i said before, sometimes these things happen. Too many cancellations this year.

• Upvote 1

I find it cool that RW gives Greta Van Fleet the chance to be so high on the lineup (they're even higher now in the US). They're amazing on stage and have nothing to envy to the new headliners in Europe (George Ezra, The 1975, Post Malone etc). 

1 hour ago, ThijsDB said:

Not true. Just got confirmed again on Studio Brussel GVF will play right before Muse and they will obviously close the festival

Wow didn’t know about that. I don’t know any other festival this year that have them as a sub except Boston Calling in the U.S. It feels like a plan b or even plan c for Rock Werchter

11 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Some bands cancelled their show at RW or were planned for RW, but it didn't work out (travel schedule, day off, preferring Glastonbury, bigger spot on other festival...). And play now a different festival in Belgium. Not everything went as planned. Not difficult to find out which bands... 

Some bands we all expect (and are hoping for) will be added very shortly. 

Wolfmother was never an option btw. 

I think Christine & the Queens could be one of the acts, that cancelled (now playing Lokerse) and maybe The Prodigy.

To me Greta Van Fleet is a sub like James Blake, Alt-J or London Grammar in the last years, which isn't really justified, but at least GVF is a band that I actually like and I was in fear that Balthazar would be the sub for Muse.

Since Rock Werchter hadn't announced many acts for thursday and sunday before christmas I thought they were waiting to see if Pink/Muse could sell out the day on their own and would only book another big act, if that wouldn't be the case.....

I also do hope, that Muse will get a full set at Rock Werchter. If you look at their current US setlist, they are playing over 20 songs, so they could fill at least a 2 hour slot instead of the usual 90 min.

@Ken19: can you tell us, if Plan A and Plan B are playing other shows in europe during that time oder is none of them touring at all?