4 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Sheesh you recon they'll leave us waiting 3 weeks after that? PKP only announced 2 names?

PKP will announce 2 more tomorrow and 2 more on friday. So no RW-names this week.  And next week PKP-batches spread over several days. Which makes it very unlikely that RW will do the same, unless PKP stops announcing on f.a. wednesday. In that case RW could still give us names on Friday. Makes more sense to wait a bit and release a strong selection of names ("bigger, stronger than last friday's batch) one week later. 

Edited by DaveRSV4

8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, those names need to be AAA-names to save that day. It's weird, normally RW provides a lot of variety for the opening day the main stage (Gorillaz + QOTSA + Script + Alice In Chains or Kings Of Leon + Arcade Fire + Imagine Dragons + Prophets Of Rage).

Now it's very one dimentional. And a band like Bastille isn't exactly top shelf material. So let's hope for some heavy hitters that day. Now it's looking very acerage. 

The tents are shaping up nicely though, with Charlotte Gainsbourg, Brockhampton, Olafur Arnalds and Elbow. But those aren't exactly the biggest acts either. 

Agreed I can't think of many bands that would be A* names tbh . The names i can think of are vampire weekend, Biffy clyro, foals

Edited by lightsnowpatrol

On 2/4/2019 at 11:24 PM, Hullabaloo92 said:

since Foals are getting announced for more and more festivals in August, I think Pukkelpop is way more likely now...

I just saw in the Pukkelpop Thread that Foals are playing Summer Sonic in Japan the same weekend, so they should still be in the mix for RW!

Edited by Hullabaloo92

I need to hope that RW are delivering on the undercards this year. Last year The Slope had a lot of great acts, so I cross my fingers for that stage being just as strong this year as well. It's pretty much only Biffy Clyro, Frank Turner and Millencolin among the bands with announced tours that are interesting, and otherwise most of the ones I would like to see played last year or are pretty unrealistic (like Eddie Vedder).

Have everyone agreed that there will be no new names tomorrow? 

I'd say we are still missing smaller subs on Thursday and Sunday. Can see Thursday being Christine & the Queens and Sunday being Editors. 

And probably missing these major spots too:

Thursday - Barn headliner, 2x afternoon main stage, Klub C sub  

Friday - Klub C headliner and sub

Saturday - Barn headliner, Klub C headliner, 2 x afternoon main stage

Sunday - 1x afternoon main stage, Klub C sub

Can see those spots being filled by some of these: Foals, Biffy Clyro, The Wombats, Robyn, Interpol, Hozier, George Ezra, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip, dEUS, Lily Allen, Greta Van Fleet

14 hours ago, tmolvik said:

I need to hope that RW are delivering on the undercards this year. Last year The Slope had a lot of great acts, so I cross my fingers for that stage being just as strong this year as well. It's pretty much only Biffy Clyro, Frank Turner and Millencolin among the bands with announced tours that are interesting, and otherwise most of the ones I would like to see played last year or are pretty unrealistic (like Eddie Vedder).

Have everyone agreed that there will be no new names tomorrow? 

Millencolin are playing Groezrock so they are ruled out