16 hours ago, tmolvik said:

I think Liam Gallagher could feature, but I don't think he's big enough to sub for Muse, when his brother have played afternoons many times now.  Noel is still a bigger solo-artist. 

Liam is definitely bigger I would say and the better performer of the two, saw Noel mid afternoon here last year and Liam headline FiB. Wouldn't want it to happen but I could deffo see him being the sub, will be that or 3rd down. Could be teeing up for an Oasis reunion as well so might wanna keep them happy with decent slots.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Liam is definitely bigger I would say and the better performer of the two, saw Noel mid afternoon here last year and Liam headline FiB. Wouldn't want it to happen but I could deffo see him being the sub, will be that or 3rd down. Could be teeing up for an Oasis reunion as well so might wanna keep them happy with decent slots.

I honestly don't know who I thought was best, as none of them are very "alive" at stage. Noel have been going on for a longer time and have more of a solo career, which is why I think he's still bigger. Even though I don't see him sub at Werchter, there are plenty of worse alternatives so I wouldn't mind if it was him. 

Most important now is that they start releasing names again, hopefully with Frank Turner, Eddie Vedder and/or Biffy Clyro among them. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

since Foals are getting announced for more and more festivals in August, I think Pukkelpop is way more likely now...

I couldn't name one song by Foals......can we please start talking about acts that would add some much needed quality to the lineup!

• Downvote 5

8 hours ago, Gossard said:

I couldn't name one song by Foals......can we please start talking about acts that would add some much needed quality to the lineup!

I'm still hopeful. The line up is still pretty thin and plenty of room for improvement. I'm surprised it's been taking this long to announce names. 

Do you think the Slope is returning this year? I haven't actually seen it as a stage after a year off last year. 

45 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I'm curious about which acts you want to see added then. 

My wishlist for the next batches, probably starting this friday: Thom Yorke, dEUS, Vampire Weekend, Interpol, Christine & The Queens, Parquet Courts, Spiritualized, Ghost, Chance The Rapper, Robyn, Sharon Van Etten, Tears For Fears, Suede, Beirut, Balthazar, Chic, Mogwai, Jon Hopkins and maybe Liam Gallagher, IDLES, Foals and Greta Van Fleet (for the rock minded). 

We're probably getting Charlotte de Witte and Tamino as bigger Belgian acts as well... 

Eddie Vedder
Robert Plant
Papa Roach
Biffy Clyro
Richard Ashcroft
The Smashing Pumpkins (Or Billy solo as he said he'd do some solo dates between the two European legs)
Tenacious D
Live!
Greta van Fleet (and have Robert Plant come on stage with them, that would be quite funny ?)
Dropkick Murphies
The Prodigy
The Black Keys
Ghost
Prophet of Rage
Wolfmother
The Chemical Brothers
Graveyard
Parkway Drive

.....these are all bands that are touring in June/July

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Eddie Vedder
Robert Plant
Papa Roach
Biffy Clyro
Richard Ashcroft
The Smashing Pumpkins (Or Billy solo as he said he'd do some solo dates between the two European legs)
Tenacious D
Live!
Greta van Fleet (and have Robert Plant come on stage with them, that would be quite funny ?)
Dropkick Murphies
The Prodigy
The Black Keys
Ghost
Prophet of Rage
Wolfmother
The Chemical Brothers
Graveyard
Parkway Drive

Where have you seen tour dates for The Black Keys?

Sorry you're right....I forgot to take them out, my bad. This is a list I posted a few weeks back, I just c/p it here now.....

But the main point is that this is my 11th time at RW and this is by far the weakest lineup I've ever seen. I've been scheduling a group trip to RW from my home town the last few years, last two years there were about 50 of us.....this year we've sold 6. Maybe this lineup appeals to younger people, I don't know. Most of us from last year are age 25-35. For me personally, there is one band on the lineup I'm really excited about, TOOL....I'd go and see Muse, The Cure and Weezer, but that's it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Sorry you're right....I forgot to take them out, my bad. This is a list I posted a few weeks back, I just c/p it here now.....

But the main point is that this is my 11th time at RW and this is by far the weakest lineup I've ever seen. I've been scheduling a group trip to RW from my home town the last few years, last two years there were about 50 of us.....this year we've sold 6. Maybe this lineup appeals to younger people, I don't know. Most of us from last year are age 25-35. For me personally, there is one band on the lineup I'm really excited about, TOOL....I'd go and see Muse, The Cure and Weezer, but that's it. 

How likely is it that we'll see Royal Blood at RW this year?

Also considering you've been to RW several times, how often did they announce the line-up in this way? Because last year it all seemed to come at once. Do they usually hold off on a handful of acts, and at what point do they usually complete the list of acts? 

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

Yep. So far the Tool/Cure double bill is the only thing I really want to see, along with a few acts like Muse, New Order, Kurt Vile and Weezer who I'd wander along to if I happened to be around. Beyond that....

Between both the Thursday and Saturday acts announced so far there's barely one I want to see, which ain't promising.

10 hours ago, Gossard said:

Eddie Vedder
Robert Plant
Papa Roach
Biffy Clyro
Richard Ashcroft
Tenacious D
Live!
Dropkick Murphies
The Prodigy
The Black Keys
Ghost
Prophet of Rage
Wolfmother
The Chemical Brothers
Graveyard
Parkway Drive

Where have you found tour dates for Prophets of Rage in June/July. Would be awsome, but for me it looks like they start touring in August.

8 hours ago, Senan- said:

How likely is it that we'll see Royal Blood at RW this year?

Also considering you've been to RW several times, how often did they announce the line-up in this way? Because last year it all seemed to come at once. Do they usually hold off on a handful of acts, and at what point do they usually complete the list of acts? 

For the 7 years I've been going to RW, they have always released the names in batches of 6-10 names or so, except for headliners and some subs. Usually the latest announcements are made around Easter. Difference this year, is maybe that the announcements haven't been that predictable, as they have missed many Fridays. Also this year they have announced in mornings, not afternoons like before. Hopefully they are getting back on track from this week. 

2 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

For the 7 years I've been going to RW, they have always released the names in batches of 6-10 names or so, except for headliners and some subs. Usually the latest announcements are made around Easter. Difference this year, is maybe that the announcements haven't been that predictable, as they have missed many Fridays. Also this year they have announced in mornings, not afternoons like before. Hopefully they are getting back on track from this week. 

They also released in mornings last year tbf, so kind of expected.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:40 PM, tmolvik said:

I honestly don't know who I thought was best, as none of them are very "alive" at stage. Noel have been going on for a longer time and have more of a solo career, which is why I think he's still bigger. Even though I don't see him sub at Werchter, there are plenty of worse alternatives so I wouldn't mind if it was him. 

Most important now is that they start releasing names again, hopefully with Frank Turner, Eddie Vedder and/or Biffy Clyro among them. 

I don't want either I thought both were in very high slots that everyone went to to hear Wonderwall and Don't Look Back in Anger. I think Liam's solo stuffs been a lot more successful that's the only reason I'd say that, same kinda thing when Noel started people were excited.

There's lots of exciting acts about, this years has the potential to be great of quite underwhelming but Werchter always seems to pull it out the bag, think it will this year too. Still hoping for the Strokes Thursday night, don't think that's a massive ask.

41 minutes ago, pryce said:

I think a member died recently didn't they?

RIchard Swift, he was their bassist during the last time they toured. Died last summer, sadly. But was also part of The Arcs, another band of Dan Auerbach.

But don't think that's why The Black Keys haven't been active. Dan Auerbach is more busy with some of his solo endeavours. 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, lighthouse said:

I'm curious about which acts you want to see added then. 

My wishlist for the next batches, probably starting this friday: Thom Yorke, dEUS, Vampire Weekend, Interpol, Christine & The Queens, Parquet Courts, Spiritualized, Ghost, Chance The Rapper, Robyn, Sharon Van Etten, Tears For Fears, Suede, Beirut, Balthazar, Chic, Mogwai, Jon Hopkins and maybe Liam Gallagher, IDLES, Foals and Greta Van Fleet (for the rock minded). 

We're probably getting Charlotte de Witte and Tamino as bigger Belgian acts as well... 

I think that if you'll go to RW and PKP you'll see most of your wishlist. A pretty fabulous list by the way :)

• Upvote 1