18 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Foals are playing Brussels in May, so they can be ruled out, too..... ?

Not sure about this one, the venue in brussels is pretty small and they are playing a festival (Down the Rabbit Hole) AND an indoor show (Amsterdam) in Netherlands so I think there still is a pretty big chance of seeing them at RW ! 

1 minute ago, polnico said:

Not sure about this one, the venue in brussels is pretty small and they are playing a festival (Down the Rabbit Hole) AND an indoor show (Amsterdam) in Netherlands so I think there still is a pretty big chance of seeing them at RW ! 

Also there's a break from 26th June til the 2nd of July on there UK and Ireland shows so still a good chance 

1 hour ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Also there's a break from 26th June til the 2nd of July on there UK and Ireland shows so still a good chance 

Yeah, I know....but this gap screams "Glastonbury" and nothing else to me......but I still hope you're right!

Another name: Besides thier Concert at Sea show on friday, +LIVE+ are going to play a show in Berlin on July 1st, so they could fit on saturday or sunday

12 hours ago, polnico said:

Indeed.

I remember years when Rodrigo y Gabriela or The National played a Brussels venue in May and came back in RW weeks later.

But we can rule out Tash Sultana. She's playing the biggest belgian venue on June 26th.

This will be my first time at Rock Werchter, first festival, and I'll be joined by a friend! 

It pained me to miss out on last year, so I've eagerly anticipated 2019. There are a lot of key favourites: Tool, The Cure, and New Order. As well as BROCKHAMPTON, MUSE, Florence + The Machine and Jungle. I had not heard of Khruangbin before their announcement but listened to them and absolutely love them! Glad I'm definitely able to see them live; they hit some great chords. 

Now that I know Glastonbury is returning and will run alongside Rock Werchter (26/27-30), I'm worried that it will result in some stellar acts being unavailable for us. Although I've also noticed that both Kylie Minogue and Janelle Monae will share slots' at both events. Will this be a common thread, even for other possible headliners of either?

Currently I'm hoping for: Interpol, The Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Tame Impala, The Strokes and Kendrick Lamar. I'm guessing at least one of these acts will appear at Rock Werchter because Sunday is curiously threadbare, and I feel as if Metallica or The Smashing Pumpkins could join The Cure and Tool on Friday for an absolutely perfect day... however unlikely. Any predictions for the artists I've mentioned appearing, or any others? Thom Yorke would be great too. 

And for those of you who have attended Rock Werchter prior: What is the general vibe of the festival grounds and the more secluded bar/hive area? Because I'm aware that this event is for all ages and would hope it doesn't affect the experience all that much. 

13 minutes ago, Senan- said:

This will be my first time at Rock Werchter, first festival, and I'll be joined by a friend! 

It pained me to miss out on last year, so I've eagerly anticipated 2019. There are a lot of key favourites: Tool, The Cure, and New Order. As well as BROCKHAMPTON, MUSE, Florence + The Machine and Jungle. I had not heard of Khruangbin before their announcement but listened to them and absolutely love them! Glad I'm definitely able to see them live; they hit some great chords. 

Now that I know Glastonbury is returning and will run alongside Rock Werchter (26/27-30), I'm worried that it will result in some stellar acts being unavailable for us. Although I've also noticed that both Kylie Minogue and Janelle Monae will share slots' at both events. Will this be a common thread, even for other possible headliners of either?

Currently I'm hoping for: Interpol, The Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Tame Impala, The Strokes and Kendrick Lamar. I'm guessing at least one of these acts will appear at Rock Werchter because Sunday is curiously threadbare, and I feel as if Metallica or The Smashing Pumpkins could join The Cure and Tool on Friday for an absolutely perfect day... however unlikely. Any predictions for the artists I've mentioned appearing, or any others? Thom Yorke would be great too. 

And for those of you who have attended Rock Werchter prior: What is the general vibe of the festival grounds and the more secluded bar/hive area? Because I'm aware that this event is for all ages and would hope it doesn't affect the experience all that much. 

Out of those 6 you mentioned, you can definitely rule out Metallica and TSP, they have big shows planned in belgium just prior to the event, so no chance of seeing them appearing (especially on that Friday which already super stacked). The Strokes were ruled out by an insider ( @Jazebel) that always gives us solid info, so we can probably rule them out too. For the 3 others, I am hoping one of them can come but we'll see. There also is always a fair share of names between Werchter and Glastonbury, in 2017 they had 2 headliners in common (Foo Fighters and Radiohead), so I wouldn't worry too much about some artists being unavailable.

The general vibe is pretty great, getting drinks at the bar is always quite fast, and the barn is perfect for afterparties, with DJ's after the festival ended every day, and a pre-party the day before it starts. Other than that, it's just a great and fun festival to be at, but it's nearly almost axed around music, so definitely a different vibe than festivals like Glastonbury where there's always so much to do. 

Edited by polnico

2 minutes ago, Senan- said:

I did the same thing last year after missing out on 2017 and didn't regret it one bit, my first Fest outside the UK and I'm going straight back this year.

Lots of acts are shared with Glasto but theres a couple we can rule out because of Glasto, I think since Bloc Party have 2 uk dates over the weekend they'll only play glasto but I expect LG to play both (probably under Muse).

Interpol - UK date 26th - France 30th so very likely.

TSP - Belgium date still to sell unlikely

Metallica - No space imo, especially not on friday but they are around very unlikely

Tame Impala - lot of people saying they'll co with Pink but its selling okay at the moment so I dont see it

The Strokes - Same as TI I think and the Glasto headline means Thurs would be best for them

Kendrick - not touring

Thom Yorke - Good chance of being the barn closer against muse

would assume Sunday and Thursday are selling well as they haven't announced much, I expect Sunday will be a bit more padded this week with LG/Editors/The National, someone in that vein, as the sub?

Vibe is good, very much focused on the music, a lot less talking during performances than you get in the UK I think. Not a lot else going on other than the music but with great bands the whole day through that's no problem. The Hive was a weird one for me, didn't add a lot just a dj tent/stage that was open a bit later, nothing exciting we only got it for the early entry.

That's a damn shame about Metallica and TSP, but I'm not altogether surprised. I believe if The Strokes, Interpol and Thom Yorke possibly appear, it would be the best possible outcome personally. Tame Impala being the icing on the cake. Though I'm not sure how well Tame Impala be live.

The Strokes and Interpol always have fantastic instrumentals and I imagine that would translate well to a live performance. I'm confident Thom Yorke will be great on account of his distinctly odd voice. If he had the rights to sing Suspirium, that would be something else. It's also interesting to hear two different sides to the hive setup. I have a feeling I'll fall in the middle. 

Overall I'm just excited to be absorbed in music by others who appreciate the same bands/artists that I do. 

@Jazebel Gimme The Strokes, baby. 

11 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Isle of Wight announcement means Biffy Clyro are a real possibility 

Would take few from that announcement, but Biffy being definitely being the main one. I would also like to see Richard Ashcroft again, while a few of the other interesting acts played last year, so I doubt they will be added.

8 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Thom Yorke - Good chance of being the barn closer against muse

That would really be a pity. I saw his show last year in Ancienne Belgique and it was amazing. I would like to see it in The Barn this year but I hope it is not at the same time as Muse in the main stage. That would be really bad. And I guess that most of the people that like Muse also like Radiohead and most probably Thom Yorke. What about having him just before Muse. Something like James Blake before Radiohead in 2017? or Nick Cave before Arctic Monkeys this year!

Edited by jcabmar

18 minutes ago, jcabmar said:

That would really be a pity. I saw his show last year in Ancienne Belgique and it was amazing. I would like to see it in The Barn this year but I hope it is not at the same time as Muse in the main stage. That would be really bad. And I guess that most of the people that like Muse also like Radiohead and most probably Thom Yorke. What about having him just before Muse. Something like James Blake before Radiohead in 2017? or Nick Cave before Arctic Monkeys this year!

I would say Muse and Radiohead are completely different, especially if we're talking about a Thom Yorke solo show. Also, Thom at mainstage would be really bad imo, The Barn is perfect for his show. Only reason James Blake was on mainstage was because Radiohead wanted it that way, but in the end James Blake in the sunlight didn't really work.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, jcabmar said:

If Thom Yorke will play the Barn, he'll play opposite to the Mainstage sub end and the Slope headliner. He'll end when Muse set begin (or a few minutes overlap at most), take a look at previous clashfinders. 

21 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

If Thom Yorke will play the Barn, he'll play opposite to the Mainstage sub end and the Slope headliner. He'll end when Muse set begin (or a few minutes overlap at most), take a look at previous clashfinders. 

wont be a problem really you might just miss the first song or so of muse if you watch the Barn headliner till the end, we left a song or two early from Parov Stella to get a good spot for Arctic Monkeys.