6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The names are surely big but they're hardly... exciting. Not a fan of Pink, Mumford, Bastille, Macklemore  or Muse to be honest. So that leaves The Cure and Tool for me. And maaaaaaybe Florence, but she's played the fest a lot (same problem as with Muse, I get tired of seeing the same act over and over again).

To be honest a festival like Roskilde has a more exciting lineup than Werchter at the moment, by avoiding the likes of Pink and Mumford.

It could all change tomorrow though. ?

You can only book what's on tour and I hardly see any more exciting headliners going around Europe as of now. Looks like they only missed on The Strokes 

9 hours ago, thetime said:

I have known worse at werchter.

Care to elaborate?

9 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Blink 182 - SOAD - Linkin Park were way worse on paper. But SOAD surprised me in a good way! (Blink and LP were terrible though...)

If that's way worse on paper just by the idea then my god! At least it days rock Werchter...not pop Werchter 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Care to elaborate?

If that's way worse on paper just by the idea then my god! At least it days rock Werchter...not pop Werchter 

Maiden - A Trak- black eyed peas

werchter has been accused of ‘pop werchter’ since I’ve been going, it’s just a name and have had pop for many years. 

Its not like pukkelpop only has pop, hey even Glastonbury isn’t even in Glastonbury. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Decent announcement, does the layout of the poster mean Thursday and Sunday still need a co headliner? I was presuming Bastille were a headliner seeing how they've headlined Pukkelpop once or twice already

No, Werchter has had a lot of days with only 1 name on the highest line. That said, I still expect 1-2 names of the same size as Bastille, Macklemore, etc.

32 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Good announcement! The Good, The Bad & The Queen + New Order do nicely for me. 

Thursday still looks boring in my book. 

The fact it's been said Thursday is selling very well, they are in no rush to help that day out. I'd imagine the good, the bad and the queen are at Glastonbury too and basically confirms Janelle as Sunday.

15 minutes ago, thetime said:

Maiden - A Trak- black eyed peas

werchter has been accused of ‘pop werchter’ since I’ve been going, it’s just a name and have had pop for many years. 

Its not like pukkelpop only has pop, hey even Glastonbury isn’t even in Glastonbury. 

Yeah that probably is worse tbf

Positions on the stages are assumptions but Stages and days are correct. The way pink and bastille are written on the poster they're not a co-head so can't completely rule out another headliner - though I doubt it. Friday is looking very full now, thinking we've got 1 name in the barn but maybe no more for the main if tool and the cure play long sets. Other than that feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong on act positions :)

werchter 2019.png

Edited by Chaarlie

New order, muse and then underworld closing would be one hell of a main stage, but now at least two of them are going to clash, right?

theyve just put this poster on their website, surely one to go alongside pink  

C1122142-CA4C-477D-A126-E5DD647E5A16.jpeg

Edit, didn’t check the previous page before uploading the poster 

Edited by AAlex

4 minutes ago, AAlex said:

New order, muse and then underworld closing would be one hell of a main stage, but now at least two of them are going to clash, right?

theyve just put this poster on their website, surely one to go alongside pink  

they've put the stages and days along side each artist if you go to the lineup tab, Muse NO and Underworld are all on different stages. Would say NO and Underworld wouldn't clash so Underworld vs Muse probably.

15 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

they've put the stages and days along side each artist if you go to the lineup tab, Muse NO and Underworld are all on different stages. Would say NO and Underworld wouldn't clash so Underworld vs Muse probably.

Yeah that’s what I mean, can’t understand why theyve got them all on different stages, could’ve been a great closing trio on the main. Hopefully the times are thought out for you, because could end up with New Order finishing when Muse have already started and Underworld clashing with them! 

56 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Positions on the stages are assumptions but Stages and days are correct. The way pink and bastille are written on the poster they're not a co-head so can't completely rule out another headliner - though I doubt it. Friday is looking very full now, thinking we've got 1 name in the barn but maybe no more for the main if tool and the cure play long sets. Other than that feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong on act positions :)

werchter 2019.png

Macklemore will sub, switch Janelle Monáe and Y&Y, switch Angèle and TGTBATQ, Brockhampton one spot lower, Khruangbin one spot higher. Other than that, I think it looks realistic.

10 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

It looks like Werchter has a great undercard once again and the tents looks awesome already! I'm a bit surprised there is no Slope artists yet. Surely it will keep going? 

can't see why they would remove it saw some great sets from Tom Grenan and IDLES there last year would be a shame if they didn't. They only announced it's existence early feb last year so I still expect it.

14 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

Macklemore will sub, switch Janelle Monáe and Y&Y, switch Angèle and TGTBATQ, Brockhampton one spot lower, Khruangbin one spot higher. Other than that, I think it looks realistic.

Agree with most of that, think its likely Macklemore will sub but I'm holding out hope still, Y&Y then Jannelle is the order on their poster. Angèle is a returning sucessful belgian act so I thought they might boost her up a bit but a new TGTBATQ album will put them ahead. Brockhampton have blown up in the last year I can see them taking a decently high slot especially as they're in Klub C .

40 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

can't see why they would remove it saw some great sets from Tom Grenan and IDLES there last year would be a shame if they didn't. They only announced it's existence early feb last year so I still expect it.

Agree with most of that, think its likely Macklemore will sub but I'm holding out hope still, Y&Y then Jannelle is the order on their poster. Angèle is a returning sucessful belgian act so I thought they might boost her up a bit but a new TGTBATQ album will put them ahead. Brockhampton have blown up in the last year I can see them taking a decently high slot especially as they're in Klub C .

I even think Beockhampton will be above Gainsbourg, no?

WTF is Beockhampton and Gainsbourg?

Where is:
Smashing Pumpkins
Tenacious D
Gojira
Parkway Drive
Skunk Anansie
The Chemical Brothers
The Prodigy
Greta van Fleet
Dropkick Murphies
Ghost
Wolfmother
Biffy Clyro
Richard Ashcroft
Prophet of Rage
Graveyard
etc etc????

This is ROCK WERCHTER for crying out loud...!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Gossard said:

WTF is Beockhampton and Gainsbourg?

Where is:
Smashing Pumpkins
Tenacious D
Gojira
Parkway Drive
Skunk Anansie
The Chemical Brothers
The Prodigy
Greta van Fleet
Dropkick Murphies
Ghost
Wolfmother
Biffy Clyro
Richard Ashcroft
Prophet of Rage
Graveyard
etc etc????

This is ROCK WERCHTER for crying out loud...!

Beockhampton are a typo... :) theres still space for a lot of those acts on the lineup too... I expect exiting new acts like Brockhampton and pop stuff is the stuff that shifts the tickets more and they can add some of those later... please.

Prophets of Rage > Prodigy > Muse

Edited by Chaarlie