10 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Seems like they are playing BBK live exclusively: 

https://www.bilbaobbklive.com/en/artists/the-strokes/

"... the New York band will set foot on Bilbao BBK Live for the first time for an exclusive performance in the Iberian Peninsula ..."

It's a little ambiguous, but I read the 'exclusive' part of that as only applying to the Iberian Peninsula, meaning they could be playing elsewhere in Europe.

Would seem a bit odd to come all that way to play one show.

Edit: In other words, what zbo just said, when I wasn't looking...

Edited by Trufflehound

9 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The Strokes!

Finally a truly exciting headliner! Werchter can't miss out on this one, can they? Especially with the amount of 'been there done that' names on the current 'lineup'.

Thom Yorke seems to be doing a big tour as well. Over the moon over the fact that he's very likely vor RW. Definitely the number one on my wishlist. And Suede is looking likely too.

Finally some great news. ?

The Strokes headliner? Really?  We have all our headliners in already....the Strokes subbing Pink or Muse is more likely, if they come to RW.....

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Well thursday needs something to counter Pink, a big name but not something the biggest part of the audience will love (especially the combi ticket buyers). I'll be avoiding her a all costs. And they would be a great sunday addition too. I'm in need for something special to balance a been-there-done-that headliner Muse, who's been playing the fest 324 times already. We need something 'fresh' this bag of recycled acts.

You mean something like TOOL?

1 minute ago, jonnytee1 said:

Has anyone getting excited about the Strokes actually previously seen them live (and by that i mean at the top of a bill, not in their early days), They headlined Reading a few years back and it was a disappointment to say the least.

Plus, i am one of their biggest fans! 

The Strokes are one of the worst live bands I've seen in my life.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Has anyone getting excited about the Strokes actually previously seen them live (and by that i mean at the top of a bill, not in their early days), They headlined Reading a few years back and it was a disappointment to say the least.

Plus, i am one of their biggest fans! 

They were really good at Hyde Park a few years ago, despite being nowhere near selling it out.

7 hours ago, johnybegood said:

The Strokes are one of the worst live bands I've seen in my life.

They were amazing at Roskilde in 2011. Spectacular actually. It was a top 10 concerts of my life I think. I'm beyond exited that they are back touring. In 2006 at Roskilde though it was mediocre, so they might be a band that has to "feel it".  Pretty nice setlist: 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-strokes/2011/darupvej-roskilde-denmark-5bd36b58.html

Edited by jonathansoegaard

1 hour ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Sunday has the potential to be as good as Friday here

Muse

Ranconteurs

Prophets of Rage 

Greta Van Fleet

Wolfmother

The Hives

Are prophets of rage ruled out because cypress hill are touring during rock werchter?

• 2 weeks later...