15 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Thom Yorke playing NOS Alive one week after RW. (!!!!!!!)

Holy moley! This one would really spice up the lineup. (And I thing he will.)

He's doing his latest album (before Suspiria soundtrack), so don't expect anything like Radiohead. Maybe he would do one or a couple of Suspiria or more 'mainstream' songs. More of a DJ set, but really nice light show/visuals. Barn material I guess.

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

No Bon Iver is terrible news, as it's these kind of names that RW is seriously lacking. And Smashing Pumpkins/The National are pretty much ruled out too. ?

Now they can't miss out on Thom Yorke and Tame Impala.

It's not called the 6Music Festival, it's called Rock Wertcher...not slow music Werchter.

• Downvote 1

First names for Arras:

Friday 5 July
DJ SNAKE • CHRISTINE AND THE QUEENS
DAMSO • CYPRESS HILL • ANGÈLE

Saturday 6 July
MACKLEMORE • MARTIN GARRIX
LOMEPAL • SKIP THE USE

Sunday 7 July
BEN HARPER AND THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS • BIGFLO & OLI
JAIN • EDITORS • BRING ME THE HORIZON

It's not the same weekend though this year, so the amount of shared acts with Werchter might be a bit lower than usual.

20 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I'd happily take the following as the top 3 on main-

Thursday-Tame impala pink prodigy

Friday - bring me the horizon cure tool

Saturday - vampire weekend fatm Mumford

Sunday - foals Bastille muse 

20 hours ago, Gossard said:

This would be way too weak imo....! 

What do you think the top 3 for each day could be?

Based on experience....and a lot of hope (mainly on Pumpkins, Pixies and the D)....!

Thursday: The Smashing Pumpkins - Pink - The Prodigy
Friday:  - Tenacious D - The Cure - Tool
Saturday: Editos - Florence + the Machine - Mumford & Sons
Sunday: Pixies - Volbeat - Muse

• Upvote 2

9DB1E09E-2FE1-4746-8DC3-53E3168FBE52.thu

For those who keep hoping for Smashing Pumpkins: here's Billy Corgan confirming that the European festival tour will consist of 2 separate runs. Considering that there is currently 1 full month between their Download and Doctor Music show, and that RW is falling right in the middle of those 4 weeks, it's safe to assume that RW just didn't fit in their touring schedule.

That + it never happened before that an act did an arena show & RW in the same month.

3 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

9DB1E09E-2FE1-4746-8DC3-53E3168FBE52.thu

For those who keep hoping for Smashing Pumpkins: here's Billy Corgan confirming that the European festival tour will consist of 2 separate runs. Considering that there is currently 1 full month between their Download and Doctor Music show, and that RW is falling right in the middle of those 4 weeks, it's safe to assume that RW just didn't fit in their touring schedule.

That + it never happened before that an act did an arena show & RW in the same month.

Thanks for that Dietediet....I guess you're right, SP seem very unlikely now.

What bands do we have then that could play before and after Pink? ....and before Muse? I'm getting a little worried about the lineup this year, there is only Tool I'm really excited about, Weezer, Cure, Muse and BMTH I'll see.....rest, mehhh

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

Thanks for that Dietediet....I guess you're right, SP seem very unlikely now.

What bands do we have then that could play before and after Pink? ....and before Muse? I'm getting a little worried about the lineup this year, there is only Tool I'm really excited about, Weezer, Cure, Muse and BMTH I'll see.....rest, mehhh

That slot has Editors written all over it, if they miss 2019 it would be a four year gap, have they ever done that? :lol:

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Gossard said:

No, all the headliners have been announced.......just some rock music, we have enough of that boring pop shit in my opinion....! ?

Sorry, that is what I meant... you were probably hoping for a rock headliner before they announced Pink! So hopefully they don't disappoint again!

1 minute ago, AAlex said:

Sorry, that is what I meant... you were probably hoping for a rock headliner before they announced Pink! So hopefully they don't disappoint again!

I'd rather have Pink then Mumford&Sons ;) ....but you're right, I was hoping for more rock headliners :)

Gossard, you are totally right! So far it is Pop Werchter. I still hope for Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies, Beil Young and The Jesus and Mary Chain. Also nice would be Teenage Fanclub as Madcool or Steven Malkmus like NOS and last J. Mascis with his brilliant nrw LP.

Unless not at least two of these bands will be announced me and my friends will  not come. Instead finding another festival with  Rock for the next years.

anyone a good idea? 

• Upvote 1

Gossard, you are totally right! So far it is Pop Werchter. I still hope for Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies, Beil Young and The Jesus and Mary Chain. Also nice would be Teenage Fanclub as Madcool or Steven Malkmus like NOS and last J. Mascis with his brilliant nrw LP.

Unless not at least two of these bands will be announced me and my friends will  not come. Instead finding another festival with  Rock for the next years.

anyone a good idea?