1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Perhaps that other Festileaks "insider" might not have been completely wrong with that news about no announcements until mid-December (bar the one we got last week).

Especially given that we are way ahead of schedule to RW standards...

Given the weakest set of headliners in recent times ('cept Tool and Muse), I say we are not so ahead compared to the hype train of RW Standards.

7 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Given the weakest set of headliners in recent times ('cept Tool and Muse), I say we are not so ahead compared to the hype train of RW Standards.

got a lot more than Mad Cool at the moment and a bit more certainty to where the bands are playing I think they could hold off a while on announcements and still be the strongest looking festival in Europe for a while, much as I'd like the Muse and P!nk day filled so I can buy myself a ticket...

1 hour ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Co-ordinated release of one name at some point next week? Maybe shared with Glastonbury or something?

wouldnt have thought so unless its something out of the blue, Macca and The Cure are still the main rumors for that, could be a Strokes reunion although I feel like thats become a bit of a running joke on efests.

werchter 2019.png

MadCool2019Poster.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Interpol announced for Best kept Secret, hoping we don't get them to be honest, love the albums and saw them at Royal Albert Hall recently but they don't have a very festival vibe

I would love to have them at Werchter! In fact, they played a couple of years back in the Barn and it was a great vibe:) 

Hi to all)

I'm not new to RW - visiting it since 2012, but in 2019 I'm going to have a completely new experience -  unfortunately, I won't be able to camp, so I booked apartments in half an hour ride from the festival site and plan to come there by car.

So I need your advices or thoughts on this topic - is it going to be smooth and fine, or it's a bad idea (why?), or maybe there are any tricks on how to make it less stressful.)

I tried this summer with Opener, but their organization was sucks, so I can't count that as an experience, comparing to RW.

Thanks.)

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, lighthouse said:

Saw them twice at a festival and once in a concert hall and the festival shows (Werchter 14 & Pukkelpop 17) were by far the best and more energetic shows. Werchter 2016 was insanely good with a very energetic crowd you rarely see at indoor shows. So I'd rather see them at a festival.

(Same goes with The National and PJ Harvey: their festival shows were more intense and better experiences than their indoor shows.)

I had the reverse experience with Interpol, as I saw them at Reading in 2011 and found that to be the least energetic, both from band and crowd, even if it got better as it went on. Best was the NME 2014 Tour at Brixton, as that was the right vibe.

I've only seen The National at Milan Rocks, which I went to just for the hell of it. Crowd could've been a bit more intense but the show itself was great. Makes me hopeful they sub Muse day - I'm game for coming along for that if there's a fine undercard.

On 11/28/2018 at 6:49 AM, DaveRSV4 said:

Won't be a problem. 88.000 attending the festival every day and most of them are likeable, we belgians sure are! ?

Seriously, there's a great, chill, amicable atmoshpere at RW. Easy to blend in and meet people. And like stated above there's usually a loners thread coming up. Can't find it now, but@Jimmerz95didn't you start this up last year? 

Thanks for the shout out :) 

@Pavlo it was really easy in 2017. Lots of us met up from this site and we still talk regularly. Nearer the time look out for a "Loners Camp" thread, & if there isn't one there then maybe start one up yourself? 

It's easy and worth it. I would recommend it 

1 hour ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Thanks for the shout out :) 

@Pavlo it was really easy in 2017. Lots of us met up from this site and we still talk regularly. Nearer the time look out for a "Loners Camp" thread, & if there isn't one there then maybe start one up yourself? 

It's easy and worth it. I would recommend it 

Seconded. I made the 2018 one and we had a great time and met so many brilliant people! 

Edited by Diamond24

25 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

So Foo Fighters are playing Stockholm Lollapalooza 28-29th of June. Mayeb they'll show up at Werchter? 

I know they played in 2017 so perhaps a bit too soon..

I can't see them co  headlining with Pink or Muse. 

Also imagine dragons have announced Italy as their only european show so we can rule them out

2 hours ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

I can't see them co  headlining with Pink or Muse. 

Agree with Muse. Headlining with Pink should be plausible though since she came on before Rammstein a couple of years back. This requires that FF play in Sweden on the 29th though if Pink plays on the 28th. Still hoping:)

I'm seeing so many indie bands touring in Europe in June and July. Hope rock werchter gets some of them.. 

Tame Impala

Death cab for cutie 

Mogwai

The national 

Bon iver

Cigarettes after sex 

Bear's den

The hives 

Foals

Vampire weekend 

Beirut 

Matthew perryman Jones