3 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

What are the odds of Massive Attack on the Thursday? 

Only sold out a couple of their tour dates so far (not the Belgium date) and aren't announced for any summer fests yet so more reasons for them not to be there than to expect them sadly.

On 11/25/2018 at 6:59 PM, BlockRockinBeats said:

One of my highlights that year. That said I'm both a fan Rage and Public Enemy. So I was always going to. Really enjoyed their EP and album. Didn't realise they were carrying on though 

Missed most of their set due to the queues! Discovered Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes that year and see they're still touring this summer so would love to have them back again

45 minutes ago, lemons said:

Missed most of their set due to the queues! Discovered Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes that year and see they're still touring this summer so would love to have them back again

Bar queues or toilet queues? And is Rock Werchter big on queues. I'm from England so queuing comes naturally to me

19 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Bar queues or toilet queues? And is Rock Werchter big on queues. I'm from England so queuing comes naturally to me

The usual queues at nearest toilets and bars right after a set ends, but very easy to avoid. Don’t think I’ve ever queued for anything longer than 5 minutes in all the years I went. Except for the entrance in years after the terror threat level had risen due to the Brussels incidents, but those were ironed out quite well this year, I remember. 

22 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Not really. Bars are painless, toilets are painless, it's honestly a breeze compared to the UK. Might have to queue a bit to get in the first day, but that's about it and largely it's because security 

1 hour ago, lemons said:

What queus were you stuck in? Literally walked from the sound desk to the front when they can on? Frank Carter were excellent, and I agree they'd be a welcome addition.

2 hours ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Only real queue is security getting into the arena sometimes and toilets after the headline set finishes. They serve food and drink very quickly.

5 hours ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

What queus were you stuck in? Literally walked from the sound desk to the front when they can on? Frank Carter were excellent, and I agree they'd be a welcome addition.

I was just unlucky as it was pretty much just the first day getting into the arena! Hard to see signs for segregation for searches too. No problem at bars, food or toilets though, big plus for this festival.

15 hours ago, Pavlo said:

Hello. I am from Ukraine. I really want to go to the festival. Looking for a company.

Won't be a problem. 88.000 attending the festival every day and most of them are likeable, we belgians sure are! ?

Seriously, there's a great, chill, amicable atmoshpere at RW. Easy to blend in and meet people. And like stated above there's usually a loners thread coming up. Can't find it now, but@Jimmerz95didn't you start this up last year? 

• Like 1

only point I had a very long queue was to collect the food tokens, up to an hour maybe and to get into the hive camping on Thursday night. However on the whole its pretty good for queues though toilets and food there's basically none, much better organised than British and Spanish festivals :)

6 minutes ago, pryce said:

always thought british festivals to be pretty well organised, cant remember queueing massively for any of the ones ive been too

worst queues ive experienced are Optimus Alive toilets and Greenfield entrance

I might be being a little harsh, I just meant in general for the festival, the hard floors at every stage ect and tokens for drinks instead of cash to speed up queues. More of a praise for Werchter than a dig at British fests.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

only point I had a very long queue was to collect the food tokens, up to an hour maybe and to get into the hive camping on Thursday night. However on the whole its pretty good for queues though toilets and food there's basically none, much better organised than British and Spanish festivals :)

In the token case I have a tip for you: try to collect your tokens at any token selling booth, not just the ones immediately after the entrance (at least, that worked for me on the Saturday this year).

1 minute ago, Chaarlie said:

I might be being a little harsh, I just meant in general for the festival, the hard floors at every stage ect and tokens for drinks instead of cash to speed up queues. More of a praise for Werchter than a dig at British fests.

yeah, European festivals generally do the good bits better I feel! just sticking up for the few I have been too ha!

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

In the token case I have a tip for you: try to collect your tokens at any token selling booth, not just the ones immediately after the entrance (at least, that worked for me on the Saturday this year).

Yeah I think Thursday was the only problem day, I preordered so I had to pick them up and I think you could only do that from the main one which everyone was trying to do on Thursday, we ended up doing it on Friday because we didnt want to miss any music.

2 minutes ago, pryce said:

yeah, European festivals generally do the good bits better I feel! just sticking up for the few I have been too ha!

There's definitely parts of Brit fests I miss in europe, alcohol choice being the main one, but smaller stages and alternatives to the music were pretty lacking at Werchter, it didn't matter that much though because there's so many amazing bands.

1 minute ago, Chaarlie said:

Yeah I think Thursday was the only problem day, I preordered so I had to pick them up and I think you could only do that from the main one which everyone was trying to do on Thursday, we ended up doing it on Friday because we didnt want to miss any music.

That's exactly how we did it as well, but next year I'm definitely trying one of the other regular token selling booths for collecting my pre-ordered tokens, also on Thursday. I know now it's possible on the Saturday, so i don't see why they wouldn't also accept vouchers on the Thursday...

Sweedish House Mafia for creamfields, could they be a closer after P!nk? The National also playing in England in the summer. Got to be between those two Chems and the Prodigy? Or the alternative of we're just not getting another band after P!nk... I assume that or the Muse day will be filled up like The Cure day was last week on friday?

15 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Sweedish House Mafia for creamfields, could they be a closer after P!nk? The National also playing in England in the summer. Got to be between those two Chems and the Prodigy? Or the alternative of we're just not getting another band after P!nk... I assume that or the Muse day will be filled up like The Cure day was last week on friday?

oh god please no swedish house mafia

15 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

oh god please no swedish house mafia