2 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

About 10 new names being announced on Friday.

Tenacious D
Smashing Pumpkins
Eagles of Death Metal
30 Seconds to Mars
Weezer 
Greta van Fleet
The Prodigy 
The Dropkick Murphys 
Graveyard
Triggerfinger (played this summer but they're Belgian and they're great! ? ) 

....maybe not very realistic, but one can always dream :D 

• Upvote 1

Speaking of festileaks forum.......a user gave a few hints about possible new artists but I don't know if he's a reliable source:

Drie hints droppen. (Ik hou ze bewust wat vaag, ik beloof er snel op terug te komen)

1) Onaangekondigde “electro” op main, waarvan ik eerder schreef dat het een leuk contrast was met P!nk.
2) Headerliner PP18 met nieuw materiaal
3) Belgische trots (oké, ben je niets mee maar ik ben zeker dat heel veel mensen hier blij mee zijn) (“momenteel” Barn afsluiter)

1) an electronic act on the main stage as contrast to Pink

=> The Prodigy? They are playing Brussels in early december, that would go hand in hand with "no new names before december" and I wouldn't expect The Chemical Brothers on the main stage anymore

2) Pukkelpop 2018 headliner with new album

=> Imagine Dragons? They headlined Pukkelpop, released a new Album this year and would perfectly fit right before Muse. Kendrick Lamar has been announced for Lollapalooza South America but as far as I know he isn't going to release new material.

3) Belgian act, who hasn't been that active recently and will probably close the Barn

This could either be dEUS or Balthazar I guess....

6 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

2) Pukkelpop 2018 headliner with new album

=> Imagine Dragons? They headlined Pukkelpop, released a new Album this year and would perfectly fit right before Muse. Kendrick Lamar has been announced for Lollapalooza South America but as far as I know he isn't going to release new material.

That can be Travis Scott too. His last album Astroworld was released in August and he already attended most of the European festivals like FIB benicassim and Lollapalooza Paris last year. Imagine Dragons was in 2017’s lineup as well. 

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Isn't festileaks usually full of shit?

It's the same who correctly "predicted" last week's announcement (the number of acts and announcement hour).

Some people even assume it's the same guy who leaked info on a daily basis last year, as he suddenly went silent in October and this new account popped up in November.

14 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

That can be Travis Scott too. His last album Astroworld was released in August and he already attended most of the European festivals like FIB benicassim and Lollapalooza Paris last year. Imagine Dragons was in 2017’s lineup as well. 

Yeah, Travis Scott could be an option, too.

But I think he would be more suitable for Les Ardentes in Liege, which takes place the same weekend als Roskilde and Open'er Festival

Good announcement!

More new names for Rock Werchter 2019! New for day two of the festival are Weezer, The 1975, Jungle, Tom Misch and Kurt Vile & The Violators. Macklemore, Clean Bandit and Two Door Cinema Club are confirmed for Saturday. Finally, on the final day of the festival, Underworld is joining the bill.

@visdave34 you were close!

Edited by gregory

29 minutes ago, gregory said:

Good announcement!

More new names for Rock Werchter 2019! New for day two of the festival are Weezer, The 1975, Jungle, Tom Misch and Kurt Vile & The Violators. Macklemore, Clean Bandit and Two Door Cinema Club are confirmed for Saturday. Finally, on the final day of the festival, Underworld is joining the bill.

Not really... I save Weezer, Jungle and TDCC... Macklemore and Clean Bandit are soooo 2014

EDIT: Fucking Underworld! Best announcement ever!

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana
  • Like 1