Going to be my fifth time next year, flights and camping booked. Anyone know where I can start with Tool, being that they're not on Spotify. I've heard a few bits and like what I've heard but want to listen some more. 

Curious to know what the next announcements will be. Largely undercard at this point I guess, not that it's a bad thing. 

As for the Muse debate, the new stuff is ok, quite pop-y and catchy I guess. But as long as they play Knights of Cydonia I couldn't give a toss. 

9 minutes ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Going to be my fifth time next year, flights and camping booked. Anyone know where I can start with Tool, being that they're not on Spotify. I've heard a few bits and like what I've heard but want to listen some more. 

Curious to know what the next announcements will be. Largely undercard at this point I guess, not that it's a bad thing. 

As for the Muse debate, the new stuff is ok, quite pop-y and catchy I guess. But as long as they play Knights of Cydonia I couldn't give a toss. 

Try Schism, Parabol/Parabola, Lateralus, Hooker with a penis, Forty six and 2, Stinkfist, Pot on YouTube. Those are some of their most known songs and they represent them quite well

Edited by Nicklord

4 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Same here. I can’t stand listening to any song on the album except the Dark Side. Get up and fight’s intro sounds like an Ariana Grande song and not to mention anything about Something Human and Dig Down which already bad reviews. I am hoping Muse will have a special setlist for Rock werchter. They played Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Apocalypse Please and Uno in 2015. 

Haha, yes, I said something to my mate along those lines. 'Start with the first six songs of Origin of Symmetry, then I'll get some drinks to cope with the rest. End with Assassin (one of our favourites) to go away with a good feeling. Dark Side was kinda okay for me too. 

Ah well, usually the best gigs are on the smaller stages anyway, often first times seeing someone properly. Exciting names still to come of course.

10 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I'm yet to see a "meh" review for their new album. It's either "I love it" or "I hate it" :lol: 

Maybe its personal experience but I have that with Muse in general. I'm a very big fan and I know a few people that also are, and some people who really dislike their stuff. I'm 50-50 on SimTheory - I like half of it quite a bit, and the other half, not so much, although I don't really hate any of it.

Still, a decent sub-bill could be worth a day visit. Werchter has been a festival I've wanted to go to for years, but I don't think the headliners as an overall package is up there with last year's. Something I get the feeling I'm going to be saying about several festivals this year, mind.

On 11/10/2018 at 3:34 PM, StupidDream said:

Haha, yes, I said something to my mate along those lines. 'Start with the first six songs of Origin of Symmetry, then I'll get some drinks to cope with the rest. End with Assassin (one of our favourites) to go away with a good feeling. Dark Side was kinda okay for me too. 

Ah well, usually the best gigs are on the smaller stages anyway, often first times seeing someone properly. Exciting names still to come of course.

I've followed Muse since before they released Showbiz  (lucky enough to see them as a support to Skunk Anansie). There is no debate at all that the first four albums built them into a stadium filling rock band (although one that would not please the real "Heavy" brigade). I have seen them live 31 times at various places around Europe. 

Albums 5,6 & 7 were hit and miss with Drones hitting some high points and some awful. 

My first listens to all songs on the new album did not fill me with joy but i have re listened a few times and cranked the volume up a bit. Whilst it's not a patch on the first 4 albums, i believe there are elements of the 80's Depech mode, INXS and dare i say it NIN on "Break it to me" and if i forget about the OLD muse, the one I fell in love with, its actually a very very competent album. I believe this is why its done OK critically, the critics are judging it on an album, not on the bands previous work. 

It's a brave step, it's a little bit Kitch, some of it is tongue in cheek but on the whole i quite like it 

34 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I've followed Muse since before they released Showbiz  (lucky enough to see them as a support to Skunk Anansie). 

Did quite a few dates on that tour, Saw them 50+ times during the first 4 albums. Since then been very patchy and average for me, to over the top for my personal tastes. Live in the first few years though they were in a different class to most acts. 

13 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Thursday: P!NK, Paul Kalkbrenner, Vance Joy, Bang Bang Romeo

Friday: Tool, The Cure, Bring Me The Horizon, Kylie, Years and Years, Nothing But Theives

Saturday: Florence + The Machine, Mumford and Sons, The Blaze, Miles Kane

Sunday: Muse, Yung Blood

Wow, Kylie is an odd one!