Has anyone been to Werchter Boutique/Classic before? I have Fleetwood Mac tickets for Dublin, but seeing as I've been recently and Werchter Boutique will be a whole day of acts I was considering trying it. Maybe a night or two in Brussels, staying in Leuven the night of the event.

Looking at it, I take it the main stage is exactly the same as RW you just can't get to The Barn/Klub C area?  My main concern would be how easy it is to get back into Leuven afterwards, looks like a 2-3 hour walk if options are limited!

8 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Has anyone been to Werchter Boutique/Classic before? I have Fleetwood Mac tickets for Dublin, but seeing as I've been recently and Werchter Boutique will be a whole day of acts I was considering trying it. Maybe a night or two in Brussels, staying in Leuven the night of the event.

Looking at it, I take it the main stage is exactly the same as RW you just can't get to The Barn/Klub C area?  My main concern would be how easy it is to get back into Leuven afterwards, looks like a 2-3 hour walk if options are limited!

It's exactly the same as a regular day at RW. You can't access the Barn/KlubC area tho.

3 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Please don't ever do that to yourself. The general public is way older than Rock Werchter, sits around all day until the main act comes on (even have chairs and blankets with them to sit on) and are very disrespectful towards the supporting acts. Read up on how Lana Del Rey was treated when she was supporting for Bruce Springsteen in 2016 (I think, it was?). I'd be so frustrated with all the people just.. doing absolutely nothing all day there just to wait for the main act lmao.

4 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Please don't ever do that to yourself. The general public is way older than Rock Werchter, sits around all day until the main act comes on (even have chairs and blankets with them to sit on) and are very disrespectful towards the supporting acts. Read up on how Lana Del Rey was treated when she was supporting for Bruce Springsteen in 2016 (I think, it was?). I'd be so frustrated with all the people just.. doing absolutely nothing all day there just to wait for the main act lmao.

Some people actually like to sit and just watch the artist, not disrespectful at all. I was there in 2012 and 2017, had a blast both times.... 

Thanks for the replies everyone, I’ll bear it in mind, looking back on past line ups the supports for Boutique haven’t been that great, shame it’s not a Werchter Classic that looked very good last year. 

@Gossard have you had to get back into Leuven or Brussels afterward, is that hard work? 

3 hours ago, Gossard said:

Some people actually like to sit and just watch the artist, not disrespectful at all. I was there in 2012 and 2017, had a blast both times.... 

I'm talking about the people in the golden circle not even standing up when the artist/band is performing, not clapping etc. I remember a lot of fuzz about it.

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I’ll bear it in mind, looking back on past line ups the supports for Boutique haven’t been that great, shame it’s not a Werchter Classic that looked very good last year. 

@Gossard have you had to get back into Leuven or Brussels afterward, is that hard work? 

There are shuttle busses to Leuven, just like at Rock Werchter

29 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I'm talking about the people in the golden circle not even standing up when the artist/band is performing, not clapping etc. I remember a lot of fuzz about it.

That was not my experience in 2012 and 2017....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

They are quite ahead compared to other festivals with 6 headliner announcements already. They still have time.

Also, Werchter Boutique will start ticket sales tomorrow. Don’t think they’ll steal their attention this week with an announcement of RW names. 

My friend and I are/were pretty die-hard Muse fans, but we find this new album pretty unacceptable... It just feels like a big joke. Hoping they'll still have a great show and limit it to max 5 songs of the new album. Our shared fandom may have caused me sticking around longer than I otherwise would, but now they're really challenging me. I've read some pretty positive reviews too, making me wonder whether I've lost touch with reality... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

My friend and I are/were pretty die-hard Muse fans, but we find this new album pretty unacceptable... It just feels like a big joke. Hoping they'll still have a great show and limit it to max 5 songs of the new album. Our shared fandom may have caused me sticking around longer than I otherwise would, but now they're really challenging me. I've read some pretty positive reviews too, making me wonder whether I've lost touch with reality... 

Same here. I can’t stand listening to any song on the album except the Dark Side. Get up and fight’s intro sounds like an Ariana Grande song and not to mention anything about Something Human and Dig Down which already bad reviews. I am hoping Muse will have a special setlist for Rock werchter. They played Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Apocalypse Please and Uno in 2015. 

16 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I'm yet to see a "meh" review for their new album. It's either "I love it" or "I hate it" :lol: 

To me it's quite "meh" if it helps. Been a fan literally all my life (their early albums on the car are some of my earliest music memories).