2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Will they?, Macca didn't sell his day out....he's still good.

No idea, that’s why time will tell. 

As crazy as it might sound, I would guess pink will sell more day tickets than the likes macca for a werchter crowd. 

It might also point to headliners being generally a bit average this year

48 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

If a day that looks crap sells more tickets than a day that looks good, then the organisers are going to be more impressed by the acts on the day that sold more.

Agreed, but the festival has never really booked a mainstream pop act and has never really struggled which is more my point...I could understand if it had.

26 minutes ago, thetime said:

No idea, that’s why time will tell. 

As crazy as it might sound, I would guess pink will sell more day tickets than the likes macca for a werchter crowd. 

It might also point to headliners being generally a bit average this year

This is what I am getting at really. If has a feel of the fest going for just what lands at them rather than really trying. Pink is majorly different for Rock Werchter, Mumford are borderline, Muse are past it now and The Cure you like them or don't probably...I personally quite enjoy them. It's not a set of headliners that remotely would make me question attending over Glasto, even if they were different weekends and I could go to both.

Myself and a few mates from Australia/UK are thinking about doing Rock Werchter next year, as a backup option for Glasto (we missed out on Glasto tickets). So we are hoping to get Glasto tickets in the resale. Failing that, we would like to go to Werchter. 

Is there is a normal time period when Werchter tickets/camping sells out? As the Glasto resale is in April, ideally we would like to try for that, and if unsuccessful, then we would buy tickets for Werchter. If Werchter sells out before this, is it easy to buy tickets early for Werchter then re-sell them if we get Glasto tickets too? 

If we do go to Werchter, is the Hive camping worth the extra price? We would ideally like to arrive on the Wednesday, so I'm guessing this is the best option, rather than normal camping? And also, can you take your own alcohol into the camp sites, or is it only available for purchase?

Edited by 01seb

1 hour ago, 01seb said:

Myself and a few mates from Australia/UK are thinking about doing Rock Werchter next year, as a backup option for Glasto (we missed out on Glasto tickets). So we are hoping to get Glasto tickets in the resale. Failing that, we would like to go to Werchter. 

Is there is a normal time period when Werchter tickets/camping sells out? As the Glasto resale is in April, ideally we would like to try for that, and if unsuccessful, then we would buy tickets for Werchter. If Werchter sells out before this, is it easy to buy tickets early for Werchter then re-sell them if we get Glasto tickets too? 

If we do go to Werchter, is the Hive camping worth the extra price? We would ideally like to arrive on the Wednesday, so I'm guessing this is the best option, rather than normal camping? And also, can you take your own alcohol into the camp sites, or is it only available for purchase?

Werchter usually sells out, one year earlier (March) than the other (May/June). Based on that I think it would be safe to buy tickets and resell if you get Glasto tickets. 

Regular camping is fine, but The Hive is worth the extra buck if you ask me. Especially is you arrive on Wednesday of course. Hive tickets tend to run out earlier than the festival itself, so I’d definitely buy those early (also if you decide to wait till April for the festival tickets).

You can bring your own alcohol in the campsite. There is a maximum amount, but rarely really checked. No glass allowed though, so pour your wines and spirits into plastic bottles. 

18 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Werchter usually sells out, one year earlier (March) than the other (May/June). Based on that I think it would be safe to buy tickets and resell if you get Glasto tickets. 

Regular camping is fine, but The Hive is worth the extra buck if you ask me. Especially is you arrive on Wednesday of course. Hive tickets tend to run out earlier than the festival itself, so I’d definitely buy those early (also if you decide to wait till April for the festival tickets).

You can bring your own alcohol in the campsite. There is a maximum amount, but rarely really checked. No glass allowed though, so pour your wines and spirits into plastic bottles. 

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

I think we will keep an eye on how quickly the tickets are selling, and make a decision from there if we buy them or hold off.

Sounds like The Hives is definitely where we would want to be then, it seems a lot closer to the festival grounds too. 

Okay sounds like Glasto for alcohol then, we usually bring 3 or 4 bottles of spirits per person in plastic bottles. So that will work well for su if we can do the same. I'm assuming you can't take this alcohol into the actual festival grounds though?

On 10/20/2018 at 7:51 PM, jj200 said:

Now we know the headliners who could sub the headliners.

I'm thinking 

Thursday the 1975

Friday Interpol

Saturday Bastille

Sunday royal blood

From previous lineups it looks like the subs are still pretty big acts, so I'm going to go with this:

Thursday: Pink and The Prodigy

Friday: The Cure and The Chemical Brothers

Saturday: Mumford & Sons and Florence & the Machine

Sunday: Muse and Editors 

On 7/11/2018 at 4:06 PM, alexlloyd said:

Got 4/4 last year so pressures on ? have no idea this time to be fair but I’ll go with...

The Cure, Metallica, Muse, Mumford

with maybe editors or Florence coheadlining one of the days.

???

6 hours ago, 01seb said:

Okay sounds like Glasto for alcohol then, we usually bring 3 or 4 bottles of spirits per person in plastic bottles. So that will work well for su if we can do the same. I'm assuming you can't take this alcohol into the actual festival grounds though?

Correct!

1 minute ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Mumford-Florence is a good match, I wont deny. But still, 4 headliners out of 5 are from 4 previous Sziget's edition (Florence 2015, Muse 2016, Pink 2017, Mumford 2018). I expect Kendrick to close Pink and we are good to go.

Remember that Sziget has 7 nights and thus 7 headline slots to fill each year. There will necessarily be crossovers, but it's nothing to go by.

16 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Plus Sziget books basically anyone big enough to headline, from Korn through to Calvin Harris, so its pretty much inevitable you're going to lots of festivals reguarly following up those bookings each years 

Not really. Their demographic is much younger compared to Rock Werchter. Artists like Paul McCartney, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and even Jack White never headlined Sziget.

16 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Not really. Their demographic is much younger compared to Rock Werchter. Artists like Paul McCartney, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and even Jack White never headlined Sziget.

Nick Cave has headlined, Sziget hasn’t always been in the direction it is now. I would say the money they pay, rather than the demographic is the issue why the likes of Pearl Jam haven’t headlined. 

The one band that will swing my ass back to Belgium is The Good, The Bad, The Queen. They have an album out next month and they played Rock Werchter last time they had an album out. They said they are only doing small gigs but I think that will be just to gauge reaction and they could end up doing a few festivals in the summer. I saw them in 2011 and it was an absolute privilege.