31 minutes ago, gregory said:

All 4 headliners announced by October 19th, more than 8 months before the festival. Must be some kind of record. 

RW will have another headliner for Thursday for sure. They will also have another one or two for the rest of the festival. With that said, they're announcing headliners very early and they're announcing them before other festivals do. It's definitely not their traditional way. 

They know that they will lose a lot of their regular attendees due to being on the same weekend of Glastonbury. I think that they are making these announcements a lot earlier this year since a lot of people last year have already committed to Mad Cool or Nos Alive early which had announced all of their headliners by the end of January. Last year the Killers which was the last headliner was announced on February 14th.

I am not sure about the wording of the announcement for Muse though. Muse will definetly be a headliner but they mentioned everyone as a headliner but Muse as  "the festival’s closing act on Sunday 30 June" In 2014 Stromae was the closing act but Kings of Leon was the headliner. Does that mean there is someone else before Muse that can count as a headliner?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

They know that they will lose a lot of their regular attendees due to being on the same weekend of Glastonbury. I think that they are making these announcements a lot earlier this year since a lot of people last year have already committed to Mad Cool or Nos Alive early which had announced all of their headliners by the end of January. Last year the Killers which was the last headliner was announced on February 14th.

I am not sure about the wording of the announcement for Muse though. Muse will definetly be a headliner but they mentioned everyone as a headliner but Muse as  "the festival’s closing act on Sunday 30 June" In 2014 Stromae was the closing act but Kings of Leon was the headliner. Does that mean there is someone else before Muse that can count as a headliner?

They said that about AM this year and Muse in 2015. AM had Nick Cave but Muse in 2015 didn't have a co headliner. So don't think it means much more than they're the last band on

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Anyone know how much the tickets are ?  Having failed to get Glastonbury tickets for the first time in 14 years, I need to formulate a plan to be busy that weekend and this seems like a good option :)  Can't find ticket prices on the website. 

Still not out. Tried to find info but nothing

9 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Anyone know how much the tickets are ?  Having failed to get Glastonbury tickets for the first time in 14 years, I need to formulate a plan to be busy that weekend and this seems like a good option :)  Can't find ticket prices on the website. 

243 euro without camping (ca. 30 euro)

Muse is a good announcement for me, seen them live once at Big Weekend 2015 and thought they were brilliant.

I don't mind if the festival is a bit weaker this year, I've had two excellent years in a row, full of rushing around trying to catch everyone, and missing plenty of great artists. I'm sure there will be more than enough great acts to see once the full line up is out.

Praying for Tame Impala and Vampire Weekend!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

It is also interesting how they got 3 headliners from last 3 Szigets. Mumford and Sons was at Sziget 2018, Pink at 2017 and Muse at 2016. They probably want to attract the Sziget's crowd to Rock Werchter

You could also say Sziget is trying to attract Rock Werchter's crowd because M&S and Muse were at RW2015. Believe me, Sziget's past lineups are irrelevant for RW19, every festival just grabs the best stuff they can afford each year.