39 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

It's a bit vague,  but Tool is rumoured for Werchter. It's on a Dutch forum from some guys that seemed to have good info on previous occassions. Just have to wait and see (perhaps announced this/next week?), Tool is probably rumoured every year. 

Plus a June stadium gig in The Netherlands.

I have to add the info for The Netherlands seems more credible. All rumours so far for Europe next year suggested stadiums, I think.

32 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Tool in stadiums? Well that's something I didn't expect but I'll gladly accept :lol:

Or maybe I mean arena :P The Dutch rumour is for Ziggo Dome, capacity of 17.000 (sometimes less without second ring). And they're also mentionted in the Nova Rock thread, playing Vienna Stadthalle, approx. same size.

29 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Betting on Muse / Tame Impala / Florence + The Machine. If I really have to make a long shot, I'd say Kendrick Lamar or Tool (the longest shot ever)

I thought Muse were a safe bet for RW19, but not anymore. I seems too early for them to announce a festival headline when they didn't even announce dates of their 2019 tour...

If it's not Muse, I might have to skip Rock Werchter next year...

8 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

I thought Muse were a safe bet for RW19, but not anymore. I seems too early for them to announce a festival headline when they didn't even announce dates of their 2019 tour...

If it's not Muse, I might have to skip Rock Werchter next year...

I'm not sure that this rules them out? It would be a slight surprise if they were announced to headline RW before announcing their own tour, but it would be their only date in Belgium if they are to headline and therefore it is unlikely to have an affect on the ticket sales of their tour.

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

What's up with the Muse love people. I think I'll never get that band...

I'm not overly fond of their last few albums but they generally put on a decent live performance.  They were very good at RW in 2015.

3 minutes ago, Millar95 said:

I'm not sure that this rules them out? It would be a slight surprise if they were announced to headline RW before announcing their own tour, but it would be their only date in Belgium if they are to headline and therefore it is unlikely to have an affect on the ticket sales of their tour.

They created a system where you can get early access codes to their shows if you preorder the album, so it doesn't make sense to announce a festival date now really...

7 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

It's a love or hate band it seems. I grew up listening to them so it really is a make or break band for me given the announcements of Pink and Mumfords.

16 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

with a lot of people including myself, they were and are into the early stuff ..now I cant stand them, but will always try and see them if they tour an old album. new stuff is an offence to music though

same can be said with foo fighters for me, never got them, most songs are album fillers and sound the same and every live gig is the same experience

25 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

They created a system where you can get early access codes to their shows if you preorder the album, so it doesn't make sense to announce a festival date now really...

True, but there was no Belgian city on the list so I doubt many Belgians were rushing to preorder the album based on this. I would be happy with no Muse personally, but I fear they're the Sunday headliner. Perhaps Muse will be announcing their tour dates tomorrow? I guess we'll see in the morning.

The fact that the Muse tour pre-announcement had a "More cities will be announced..." at the footer makes me think that they will hit RW next year. 

I mean, why would they release a list of cities for early access tickets and leave a whole bunch without  that advantage? It seems like the ones out of that list will be festivals...

Wouldn't be surprising if they end up doing RW but no Mad Cool, NOS, BBK... They did just a couple of festivals this 2018 and maybe they are in for the Doctor Music Fest or even Glasto.

2 minutes ago, Naran Jitu said:

The fact that the Muse tour pre-announcement had a "More cities will be announced..." at the footer makes me think that they will hit RW next year. 

I mean, why would they release a list of cities for early access tickets and leave a whole bunch without  that advantage? It seems like the ones out of that list will be festivals...

Wouldn't be surprising if they end up doing RW but no Mad Cool, NOS, BBK... They did just a couple of festivals this 2018 and maybe they are in for the Doctor Music Fest or even Glasto.

People on the Glasto forum seem pretty certain they're not doing it next year.

Foos could be great, unfortunately Grohl ruins it, and they could do without some of the covers. 

At least Muse still has a good live show, unfortunately their new music continues to disappoint. Was fan enough in 2016 to still enjoy them on tour, question is wether I would bother after the coming album...

Despite the pre-ordering of the album and the unknown dates, I believe Muse will be announced this week or next week. Album is out November 9th and the pre-ordering probably has lost its momentum anyway. Plus, they'll get good money for playing RW.