19 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Hoping there's a couple of bands that haven't announced anything yet like Strokes or Black Keys who are going to turn up at places

Have you read about plans of either of them or seen some signs? I'm hoping to see them both somewhere next year, but purely based on the fact that they've been sort of absent for a while and other people just mentioning them. 

5 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Have you read about plans of either of them or seen some signs? I'm hoping to see them both somewhere next year, but purely based on the fact that they've been sort of absent for a while and other people just mentioning them.  

There's been some mention of The Strokes playing at All Points East next year in that topic, but I don't know if it's come from anywhere reliable. Not heard/seen anything on The Black Keys at all, was hoping they'd make up the cancelled 2015 UK tour at some point but it seems they're still on hiatus. Just Googled them before responding and their most recent bassist, Richard Swift, sadly passed away in July as well, whether that plays any factor I don't know.

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

There's been some mention of The Strokes playing at All Points East next year in that topic, but I don't know if it's come from anywhere reliable. Not heard/seen anything on The Black Keys at all, was hoping they'd make up the cancelled 2015 UK tour at some point but it seems they're still on hiatus. Just Googled them before responding and their most recent bassist, Richard Swift, sadly passed away in July as well, whether that plays any factor I don't know.

Okay, may well be wishful thinking :P If not 2019, they'll also be rumoured for 2020.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:55 AM, eFestivals said:

guy with no inside knowledge talks shit about Pink. :lol: 

He proved to have inside knowledge about 10 times last year, both about acts and the new stage announcement. And he's continuing his run by the looks of it.

Anyway, that same guy is now hinting at Kendrick Lamar being announced either Friday or next week.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

He proved to have inside knowledge about 10 times last year, both about acts and the new stage announcement. And he's continuing his run by the looks of it.

Anyway, that same guy is now hinting at Kendrick Lamar being announced either Friday or next week.

Pink before Kendrick, Mumford/Flo, The Cure and Muse?

9 hours ago, StupidDream said:

9 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

That was me. My mate's mate is in a band and was told by his booking agent that The Strokes are playing APE next year. I don't know the guy and his band are relatively tiny so I have no idea whether there'll be any truth in it.

It might be something like this:

Kendrick/P!nk
Cure/editors/interpol
Mumford/florence
Muse/?

What do you think? 

(It's awful I know - except for Kendrick Cure and Interpol imo) 

Edited by alan_ts

9 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

It might be something like this:

Kendrick/P!nk
Cure/editors/interpol
Mumford/florence
Muse/?

What do you think? 

sure kendrick would sub? he headlined pretty much everywhere last year

cure/interpol/editors is the exact same lineup of last year bst, they’ll probably go for something different

I hope it won’t be florence, I’ve been to RW in 2015 and 2016 and she was there, I’d like a change!

Edited by zbo

7 minutes ago, zbo said:

cure/interpol/editors is the exact same lineup of last year bst, they’ll probably go for something different

Haha I probably think of this set of bands because of bst. 

Anyway editors are huge in Belgium and fit perfectly before Cure. 

Well, shit, first time in a while I'm not crazy jelaous of Werchter... This year circuit does not look particularly brilliant, but if Muse/Kendrick/Florence are the last big names, along with Pink and Mumford, I see no point for a Sziget habitué to go to Werchter as this is a selection of its headliners over the last 3 years (not event the best ones tbh).

I think I will skip the entire season without some relevant news (Tool, anyone?)