2 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Thanks do they come on sale same time as tickets or 

There's a free shuttle bus between Leuven train station and the festival site. Though I can't recall if it runs also on festival nights or just at the beginning/end. The bus station is quite a long walk away to walk every day twice though...

There were no issues with the camping though. Everything clean and hassle-free, I wouldn't choose otherwise personally.

Edited by nysmaw
x

3 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

How about guns n roses this year? Any chances or likely?

I'd be surprised if it happened again?, they sold well obviously but even at their prices, £95 for stand and I was expecting more...they still didn't instantly sell out the two London dates...one obviously but the 2nd weren't and they could have done and touted them.

They didn't sell out a day at Download either....admittedly it's was a shocking day of other bands due to their cost, but London wasn't a great set either at all.

Edited by thewayiam

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd be surprised if it happened again?, they sold well obviously but even at their prices, £95 for stand and I was expecting more...they still didn't instantly sell out the two London dates...one obviously but the 2nd weren't and they could have done and touted them.

They didn't sell out a day at Download either....admittedly it's was a shocking day of other bands due to their cost, but London wasn't a great set either at all.

Bands/day tickets for festivals are pricing people out with the price of tickets, certainly quick sell outs.

ive just paid for Ed Sheeran and take that tickets(for the wife cough cough), I wasn’t expecting them to be still on sale but none sold out for the outdoor gigs. 2 tickets for take that and 2 for Sheeran came just under 400 quid.

how much are download day tickets nowadays? 90 quid? Reading/Leeds had the right idea keeping day tickets at a low level in comparison.

10 hours ago, thetime said:

Bands/day tickets for festivals are pricing people out with the price of tickets, certainly quick sell outs.

ive just paid for Ed Sheeran and take that tickets(for the wife cough cough), I wasn’t expecting them to be still on sale but none sold out for the outdoor gigs. 2 tickets for take that and 2 for Sheeran came just under 400 quid.

how much are download day tickets nowadays? 90 quid? Reading/Leeds had the right idea keeping day tickets at a low level in comparison.

I think Sheeran is taking it too far on a 3rd year...it's the easiest way to over doit and lose interest.

GNR day was actually dearer than the others a little due to their cost, £105 I think and if you add parking on that it's £125. Don't get me wrong they sold well but I think they'd have struggled with a 3rd London day that I'd see the likes of Coldplay selling....and they far from cheap nowadays....biggest band in the world probably but GNR was a huge reunion. 

Reading did lower their prices but even they have have creeper up a decent amount again in the last couple of years as £77 with a booking fee and postage obviously isn't sustainable if you are going to go for big headliners. 

On 10/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, birchtree29 said:

I remember you did both Rock Werchter and Mad Cool this year. Which one would you suggest more? I might need to work on Mad Cool's weekend next year, so I am considering to try Rock Werchter.

Although they are both pretty much about the bands, they're very different. Rock Werchter is much better than the last version of Mad Cool in my opinion as a festival but MC does offer you plenty of music to choose from (while RW offer you a choice from maximum two bands at a time) so big time artists can be condensed in a relative short time because of the alternating main stages. If you'll share what are your most important things at a festival we'll be able to help you better☺️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Tickets on sale at the end of the month. Am I right in thinking tickets normally get released in December? Might expect a few big announcements in the upcoming weeks! 

I was surprised to see they weren't on sale now to be honest, I might've just been looking earlier than normal but I'm pretty sure they're normally on sale by now. Generally it's the headliners/bigger names that get their own announcement first before the rest of the line up comes in groups of 8-10 each week, so I'm sure they'll be some more big names announced sooner rather than later.

Having said that, it seemed like a long time between Nick Cave getting announced and more acts following last year, but I can't find the 2018 website for specifics.

6 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I was surprised to see they weren't on sale now to be honest

There’s usually 3 out of the 4 headliners at least before tickets go on sale if I remember correctly. So I expect at least another headliner this week and next week before tickets go on sale end of October. 

Ticket sales are about a month earlier this year.

Last year Nick Cave was the first to be announced on November 17, Gorillaz and QOTSA the week after and ticket sales started on November 25.
2017 saw Radiohead announced first on October 26, followed by SOAD, Linkin Park and Foo Fighters the next weeks, before opening ticket sales on November 19.
Ticket sales for the 2016 edition opened December 5.

So we can definitely expect a few more big names these weeks before October 26.

Edited by visdave34
  • Upvote 1

I think that they brought the sale date earlier this year since they wanted to have their general sale closer to Glastonbury's. Rock Werchter is on the same weekend with Glastonbury. Glastonbury just had its general sale this weekend and it got sold out in 37 minutes. They will probably share a headliner as well.

7 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

I think that they brought the sale date earlier this year since they wanted to have their general sale closer to Glastonbury's. Rock Werchter is on the same weekend with Glastonbury. Glastonbury just had its general sale this weekend and it got sold out in 37 minutes. They will probably share a headliner as well.

I'm definitely expecting that shared headliner to be The Cure, wouldn't be surprised if they shared two this year however.

41 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Picking up a fair few punters who missed out on Glastonbury tickets.