38 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

If Paul McCartney is doing Glastonbury as erratically reckons is highly likely, any chance he does RW too? I know he did 2016 but still...

I meant 'efestivals' not 'erratically'... and highly likely might be pushing it but, still. People have been back sooner than that.

Edited by strummer77

10 minutes ago, zbo said:

back to 8am announcements!

+ the cure

Great start

I talked yesterday with friends and we're planning to come back. 

We'll try to book an army tent or similar, am i right thinking all these accomodations will sell out in a day? 

3 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

And welcome to another season of "I GOTTA GO TO WERCHTER", which will probably end up with another Sziget+Mad Cool (damn Mad Cool, I'm still waiting for Massive Attack)

Do RW instead of Mad Cool, trust me. ;)

34 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Fuck yeah I will if I get the chance to do it, Mad Cool was great for bands and sound but was such a big let down for the rest.. 

For what I've seen over the years Belgian/Dutch organizations are without doubts the best, also RW is a 4 days festival so more music more fun than a 3days festival. 

On 7/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, alexlloyd said:

Got 4/4 last year so pressures on ? have no idea this time to be fair but I’ll go with...

The Cure, Metallica, Muse, Mumford

with maybe editors or Florence coheadlining one of the days.

Looks like Metallica might let me down this year :(  

Good start for me, shame it clashes with Glastonbury but it takes the pressure off having to get tickets for that.

55 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Looks like Metallica might let me down this year :(  

Good start for me, shame it clashes with Glastonbury but it takes the pressure off having to get tickets for that.

I remember you did both Rock Werchter and Mad Cool this year. Which one would you suggest more? I might need to work on Mad Cool's weekend next year, so I am considering to try Rock Werchter.

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

And welcome to another season of "I GOTTA GO TO WERCHTER", which will probably end up with another Sziget+Mad Cool (damn Mad Cool, I'm still waiting for Massive Attack)

I am in the same dilemma. I really liked Madrid but I am not sure if they are going to pull another great lineup like last year. Rock Werchter always have one best lineups in Europe and it already started with The Cure confirmation 

30 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

I am in the same dilemma. I really liked Madrid but I am not sure if they are going to pull another great lineup like last year. Rock Werchter always have one best lineups in Europe and it already started with The Cure confirmation 

Pretty sure both will deliver, but if lineups are even I'd go for RW this year

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

I remember you did both Rock Werchter and Mad Cool this year. Which one would you suggest more? I might need to work on Mad Cool's weekend next year, so I am considering to try Rock Werchter. 

I think it depends what you're looking for, Mad Cool didn't start until about 19:00 so it was almost a city break with a festival at night, you get the benefit of going back to a hotel with an actual bed/shower too, but it does take a while to get back via queues and taxis or the underground. Had a few 'teething' problems last year, but made up for it by having the best line up I've ever seen.

Rock Werchter's probably my favourite festival I've been to, well organised, nice people, the tokens work well as opposed to cash, there's just the journey to Begluim with your bag, tent etc. to get through and there's very little stress after that.

So if you don't mind the initial journey and camping for 4-5 nights, then I'd definitely say Rock Werchter. If you do go I'd recommend the Euro Star over flying, we've done both in 17/18 and the train is far easier, we pretty much sat down in Nottingham and stood up in Brussels!

• Upvote 1

Unlike in 2012 with a half set, Werchter has confirmed via email that The Cure will do full 2h20 set, same as Ejekt & Firenze (i called out these details in my email). YEAAAAAAAAH 

"Hi Cristian, 

They’ll be playing a full set.Timetable will follow in a couple of months. Stay tuned!

Best regards, Rock Werchter"

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

if i failed with Glasto i think i'm going to give werchter a go finally. Mad Cool will be too hot in July...I've just returned from Madrid and end Sep/Oct has been very hot

I have been sunburned at both Glasto and Werchter but the sun is only out for three hours at Mad cool (gates open at 5Pm) - so i didnt get burned