I would love to see them try to get Faith No More back. They were at RW in 2015, and haven't toured or recorded since, but they are such an interesting band and a rare get it would make what seems a pretty boring lineup more interesting. 

As an American, I can skip a stone and have it bounce off five festivals with Metallica, Muse, Florence, etc... so I want some weird, wild stuff.

• Upvote 2

On 7/22/2018 at 7:34 PM, Tuggster said:

Can't be as bad as Russ was this year, I appreciate some like rap music, but what place has a rap artist at an alleged Rock Festival?

Some of it is shit yeah, just like some guitar-bands are shit. If you went to see Anderson .Paak you'd see exactly why rap artists should be invited to Rock Werchter. It's nice to have some diversity at a festival and with the addition of the Slope there is now usually more than one band playing at any given time. Rock Werchter has a mix of genre's with a greater lean towards Rock music and that's why many, including myself, love it.

3 hours ago, Tuggster said:

Diversity is fine, and I agree that a variety of Artists is a good thing, I just thought Russ was utter tripe, but then that is a personal opinion that will get me down voted once again lol

I think the downvote wasn't for your opinion on Russ, but on your "what place does rap have at a rock festival" comment. Give me Kendrick or Run The Jewels over London Grammar and The Kooks any day! 

Also, a lot of people prediciting Smashing Pumpkins as headliner. Are they at that level in Belgium any more? I'd imagine them more in the Alice In Chains slot but might be wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After last years epic line-ups and considering the amount of "young" headliners on the bills (QOTSA, Mumford, Arcade Fire, Editors etc) it would not be stupid to expect one legendary name like The Cure, Springsteen or The Rolling Stones.. 

22 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Just a fake posted to reddit.

What /r is this been posted to, cuz I made that haha

Coldplay - M&S - Muse are my most safe bets right now. Metallica is gonna do a stadium tour but I thought they could do Werchter instead of King Baudouin. I'm also fairly certain about Tame Impala coming back and the first time in like what 10 years? for Tool. If they're coming back to Belgium, they're not gonna give them away to GMM. My reasoning behind cashcow Editors was that they might come back if they can't secure a good big name + they got a new album out this year + it's been a "while" (2016) lol.

Fleetwood Mac, The Cure, Twenty One Pilots (not as HLer), Florence + The Machine and Rammstein are also on the list I think.