Would it have been too hot?

Big Vern

Would it have been too hot?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Honestly, would it have been too hot this year?

• Yes it would have been effin boiling and really hard work!
    • No it would have been glorious and who needs shelter anyway?

Sun all the way! Lying down in the sun with a cool drink smelling the sweet waft of grass all around vs standing all day with sore feet clutching a cup of tea for warmth and the smell of mud. No contest. Sun. 

However, mud vs no ticket? Easy! Mud the whole way! 

Edited by semmtexx

2010 was by far the best one I've been to.   Wearing sandals, shorts and t-shirt all weekend.   The ease of walking around the site.  Saw loads more than when it's muddy.   It's a no contest.   Sun all the way.  Just wear a hat, get the sun block on and stay hydrated.  

Way better than a 2016 mudfest or the deluge of 2007.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

2010 was by far the best one I've been to.   Wearing sandals, shorts and t-shirt all weekend.   The ease of walking around the site.  Saw loads more than when it's muddy.   It's a no contest.   Sun all the way.  Just wear a hat, get the sun block on and stay hydrated.  

Way better than a 2016 mudfest or the deluge of 2007.  

Absolutely - people were in a better mood because of it too. 2007 had a bit of a grim atmosphere, I thought! Plus if it's been sunny all day, then night time is much more enjoyable too. 

I'm a fair haired guy who burns easily but as others have said, I'll take the hot days over rain all the time. 2010 was great. As long as you prepare for it - lots of suncream and keep hydrated, wear a hat etc its just so nice being able to walk around without wellies and worrying about where to sit. If you need shade you can find it, and it makes you explore the areas that you may not normally see rather than bake in front of the main stages all day. I remember that 2007 year of continual drizzle - although I had fun, i wouldn't like another of those

Introduction of The Woods has helped with the whole shade thing. Spend some time wandering in there last year to get some shade and it were reet lovely.

Sunshine all the way please.

Even in last year's Wednesday queue, which was pretty brutal, having a hat, water and suncream made it manageable.  Plus the SJA guys handing out water and at least one mist sprayer to help people cool down.  All preferable to the rain of 2016

Tbh I can't believe people are really contemplating complaining about the sun! Of course it's better than the rain! Come on, heart of hearts, we'd all prefer the sun yeah? 

Ps. I'm of the ginge persuasion (strawberry blond as my mother would say!) and freckled - and I want the sun! 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Introduction of The Woods has helped with the whole shade thing. Spend some time wandering in there last year to get some shade and it were reet lovely.

Sunshine all the way please.

Even in last year's Wednesday queue, which was pretty brutal, having a hat, water and suncream made it manageable.  Plus the SJA guys handing out water and at least one mist sprayer to help people cool down.  All preferable to the rain of 2016

Yeah the woods were lovely. They also helped in 2016 - quite a lot less muddy. I spent a fair time on a rather nice bench or two late at night (willing my legs to work and my mind to land). 

I'm sorry to say but yes this heat could have been really bad especially for the younger ones who would could have done to much.. 

Even us older ones could have done too much.... 

Those tents would be like ovens 

Anyway that is just my opinion 

The sleep aspect is probably the worst part of the scorcher years for me personally. Stay hydrated throughout the day and make sure you sunscreen up and you're all good, but as soon as that sun hits your tent it's game over in the mornings. 2016 may have been a struggle due to the weather but I slept like a baby most nights.

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The sleep aspect is probably the worst part of the scorcher years for me personally. Stay hydrated throughout the day and make sure you sunscreen up and you're all good, but as soon as that sun hits your tent it's game over in the mornings. 2016 may have been a struggle due to the weather but I slept like a baby most nights.

We're got one of those Quequecha light and fresh tents. It's silvered on the inside. It's noticeably cooler than other tent. You could sleep in full sun I'd say, so long as you've got all your flaps open (oo-er missus). 

Edited by semmtexx

On 7/5/2018 at 11:29 AM, Quark said:

Just sat in there with a coffee for a while. And maybe something to go with it. Proper chilled :D

Totally agreed! ?

Edited by semmtexx