Would it have been too hot?

Big Vern

Would it have been too hot?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Honestly, would it have been too hot this year?

• Yes it would have been effin boiling and really hard work!
    • No it would have been glorious and who needs shelter anyway?

Not for me, I like the sun and heat and anything in the 20s is pretty much perfect. I think there are a few cooling spots if you get too hot (the glade, summersville, the woods), plus there are a lot of tents and sheltered areas now a days. 

For me everything just looks better when it's sunny, especially just before sunset when the heat goes and you get a second wind- one of my favourite times of the day at Glastonbury. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

What we're the temps in 2010? I remember it being nice and hot and sunny, but can never remember how hot it got

Not as hot as I remember I don't think, in my head we had glorious 30 degree heat every day, apparently it peaked around 27. Not as hot as the Wednesday this year for sure.

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Not as hot as I remember I don't think, in my head we had glorious 30 degree heat every day, apparently it peaked around 27. Not as hot as the Wednesday this year for sure.

Yeah, temperatures like the Wednesday last year, energy day would have been too hot even for me! 

I falsely remember 2010 being hotter than it was too! 

It would have been damn near perfect this year. The real heat kicked in just after the festival would have ended.

If anyone really thinks that daytime temperatures of 19-23 most days, with only the Sunday peaking at 26 would have been an issue, they really need to stop going outside.

The weekend after, however, I might see your point.

55 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

For me everything just looks better when it's sunny, especially just before sunset when the heat goes and you get a second wind- one of my favourite times of the day at Glastonbury. 

This 100%. Love an evening in a hot year and the time around sunset, when you start to feel those cool breezes and the intense heat has died down a bit... bloody lovely. 2010 was heaven. 

2010 was relentless, I'm sure it was hotter than the Wednesday last year. I remember a single solitary cloud passing over the sun for about 15 seconds for the whole 5 days.

The dust was something else as well, I remember walking up to The Park on the path next to Pennards, and every tent was absolutely covered.

The nights were bloody freezing though.

It would've been perfect, and it's an absolute shiter that there was no festival on this year. Here's hoping global warming has finally taken it's toll and the UK will now be drenched in glorious sunshine all summer every summer (that's how global warming works, right?)

• Upvote 1

Just watch the 2010 bbc highlights for reference as to whether the weather would have been perfect. Or watch this, even on mute if you hate the song as I imagine most do, but the crowd, the heat, the atmosphere, it's up there in my favourite glasto videos of all time. It was such a good weekend. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I think the videos just above pretty much explain it all. Seeking shelter from the sun (or cooling of with a cold one) is much easier than saying dry and warm in the rain. And the temps over the festival weekend really were just about as perfect as they could have been this year, so a 2016 repeat performance then next year by virtue of the law of sod...