Jump to content
adms

2019 Improvements

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

People who do this are idiots, have not a shred of a clue as to the enormous challenge of putting on an event of the complexity of Glastonbury and, arguably, are less worthy of their golden tickets as there are so many unfortunate and more appreciative souls out there who miss out every year!

We are so, so lucky to get to go to Glastonbury and experience all of its incredible wonders...!

Ben
x

Still the first to complain if you can't find somewhere to dance at 7am mind... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copperdollar are a theatre company and Back of Beyond was an immersive production (as opposed to 'just' a venue). Whether they ever revive it or not probably depends on what other projects they have on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Copperdollar are a theatre company and Back of Beyond was an immersive production (as opposed to 'just' a venue). Whether they ever revive it or not probably depends on what other projects they have on.

Yup, but it would have been nice if Glastonbury had replaced it with something of a similar ilk. It does seem to be a trend that all the interesting stuff in the SE corner gets replaced with dance music venues. I'm not hugely opposed to that, to be honest, if that interesting stuff could move elsewhere on the site (where you don't have to queue for ages to even get in).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The popularity of the SE corner has necessitated the move from smaller to bigger venues.  I'd imagine it's a H&S matter as much as anything else.  Still, though, it'd be nice to think such places could have a home at G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the newish silent disco in Silver Hayes. Presumably they can't do late night stuff on that side of the festival because of noise?

Solution - replace SH with a GIANT Despacio tent 24/7.  All the speakers face inward resulting in no outside noise. That's science, right?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, karaseen said:

Solution - replace SH with a GIANT Despacio tent 24/7.  All the speakers face inward resulting in no outside noise. That's science, right?!

To be fair I think that (plus some added wizardry) is how Arcadia is so loud inside the circle yes gets quieter very quickly moving away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

To be fair I think that (plus some added wizardry) is how Arcadia is so loud inside the circle yes gets quieter very quickly moving away

it still makes me bloody jump though even outside the circle :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Quark said:

Still the first to complain if you can't find somewhere to dance at 7am mind... :P

:danced:

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be messin' with Avalon. Or T&C. Where would I go?

Bring back Bourbon Street is my annual shout. Fluffy Rock Cafe needs to be restored to a venue, too.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we had a vote for Yam the Cassava to come back yet as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer not to bring things back from the past (apart from the Dub tent from the 80's :) )

 

And instead to move forward with new stuff to excite.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally....

  • I dedicated area for live music/bands to compete with shangri la (id like to mix it up and have one night raving and another more sing along).
  • Bring back a proper heaven and hell? 
  • More random silent discos... 
  • Put a lift in at Worthy View (that hill is steep) 😀
  • More random secret sets/areas (with clues you can work out) 
  • More compost toilets? Less long drops... oh my days! 
  • A cable car to go from the top of the Park to the Pyramid? haha run on fairy dust! 

Its blood hard to think of anything as I bloody love the place so much its hard to fault it. Went to IOW this year and forgot how much i'm not a fan of massive commercialised festivals anymore. (Not a bad festival though really). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like it to be near a city this time so I can go on a cheeky beer run one day. It's in the middle of bloody nowhere at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I would prefer not to bring things back from the past (apart from the Dub tent from the 80's :) )

 

And instead to move forward with new stuff to excite.

 

 

Heathen! How can it be as just as good as the good old days if its not just like the good old days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, DeanoL said:

Yup, but it would have been nice if Glastonbury had replaced it with something of a similar ilk. It does seem to be a trend that all the interesting stuff in the SE corner gets replaced with dance music venues. I'm not hugely opposed to that, to be honest, if that interesting stuff could move elsewhere on the site (where you don't have to queue for ages to even get in).

Exactly....Copperdollar seemed to go to make way for a bigger Temple.  It's not clear which precipitated which but doing so has certainly alienated a portion of the demographic from Common Ground now.  I seem to remember something being said about a new venue called Mescalaria in Common Ground which we hoped would fill the Copperdollar void but there was no evidence of this come festival time.

Time for a Copperdollar resurrection GFL please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have decided on a copper dollar resurrection .... maybe more likely than football coming home 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Heathen! How can it be as just as good as the good old days if its not just like the good old days?

GPWM, I will have a strong word with myself

Edited by fred quimby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strummerville is getting pretty stale and needs a bit of freshening up.  Perhaps if they re-dedicated it to a different legend of alternative 70s music - Chas out of Chas & Dave - it might regain some of the old magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a few more taps in the campsite and empty the bins before they start overflowing, that's it really. Not much I'd change about the place tbh. They added in Cineramageddon last year and I'm pretty much 100% happy with everything now. I used to be too tired at nighttime to do anything but sit at camp eating and drinking, now there's a fucking boss ass cinema right where I pitch my tent. I do worry they probably won't top having Mad Max Fury Road and Withnail & I as the friday and Saturday night films tho, they're pretty much the best films other than Mean Girls. If they just have Mean Girls on all the time then that would be pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My suggestion that they show The Muppet Christmas Carol was ignored. Again.

That's a disgrace that is. Double bill of Christmas Carol and Treasure Island would bring the house down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×