2019 Improvements

adms

3 minutes ago, Nialldotcom said:

They need to sort the sound out at The Beat Hotel.When i went to see Daniel Avery play at 1am ish, i was right at the front and it was soooo quiet. I understand it's pretty much in the campsite but they need to either beef up the sound or put it somewhere, where they'll get away with having it louder until 2 or 3am when it closes.

I can hear it clearly enough pumping out the sound at 2am from my tent near jp ... maybe just an issue at that point  in time 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I can hear it clearly enough pumping out the sound at 2am from my tent near jp ... maybe just an issue at that point  in time 

Possibly just that time but that might be the issue, it's right near the campsites there and it's very open with speakers inside and out (from what I remember). Maybe if it was moved slightly (no idea where to), they'd have more freedom to pump it out. 

Just now, JoeyT said:

Said it once and i'll say it again.

Lovebullets needs to move away from the leftfield / glade area.

Soundbleed central.

Totally agree with this. Walking out of Leftfield from Beans on Toast last year to walk by that was a strange scenario! 

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Said it once and i'll say it again.

Lovebullets needs to move away from the leftfield / glade area.

Soundbleed central.

Whenever I've wandered past it in the Glade the vibe has always been moody to say the least. Saw the police in there dealing with what looked like some sort of brawl last year.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Whenever I've wandered past it in the Glade the vibe has always been moody to say the least. Saw the police in there dealing with what looked like some sort of brawl last year.

I also think they may have underestimated it's popularity.

I don't think it fit in logistically due to this in that area.

It made using the pathway by the glade on the way up to the railway line heavy weather with the volume of people spilling out.

Perhaps it'll find its place in the dance village next year?

• Upvote 1

Fix the sound on West Holts - it was terrible in 2017....

Some non plinky-plonk music going on late-night....

Replace Silver Hayes with something the size of the old King Tut's tent at TITP.

Edited by Penrhos

27 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I also think they may have underestimated it's popularity.

I don't think it fit in logistically due to this in that area.

It made using the pathway by the glade on the way up to the railway line heavy weather with the volume of people spilling out.

Perhaps it'll find its place in the dance village next year?

I thought it really it felt out of place in Glade, like it had just been plonked down. And being on that thoroughfare, it attracted a lot of footfall visitors for only a few minutes, so the atmosphere never 'settled' into a crowd getting well into a set. Also, and most importantly, I thought the sound in there was really woolly and muggy - pretty speaker clusters that did not deliver. In 2016 I had four fantastic hours in LB in Shangri-La, despite knee-deep mud.

I say move it.

Ben

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wasn't last year the first year it was there, Hugh? As said, was defo in Shangri-La in 2016...

Ben

On 7/8/2018 at 6:57 PM, Mr.Tease said:

While we're talking about the dance area- does the Pussy Parlure completely change each year? I seem to remember going there to see Charles Bradley one night and it was like a proper dance hall type thing, but then I have another memory of going there another year and it just being a standard tent. Which memory is real?!

Last year it was not branded (externally) as Pussy Parlure (I believe it just said  BAR) - had sort of wooden stepped seating.  Only went to see a local band play.  Took me a while to work out that it was Pussy Parlure.  

On 7/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Strummerville is getting pretty stale and needs a bit of freshening up.  Perhaps if they re-dedicated it to a different legend of alternative 70s music - Chas out of Chas & Dave - it might regain some of the old magic.

Needs to happen now more than ever.

1 hour ago, Nialldotcom said:

They need to sort the sound out at The Beat Hotel.When i went to see Daniel Avery play at 1am ish, i was right at the front and it was soooo quiet. I understand it's pretty much in the campsite but they need to either beef up the sound or put it somewhere, where they'll get away with having it louder until 2 or 3am when it closes.

I don't know if the sound will change, but I'm pretty sure there's a new Beat Hotel for next year.

What’s the availability of contactless payments at bars and food places like now? I’ve missed last year.

Was at APE this summer and I think everywhere was contactless - I just used my phone and meant I didn’t have to worry about losing my wallet, cash or cards.

Also less plastic glass waste somehow please 

25 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

What’s the availability of contactless payments at bars and food places like now? I’ve missed last year.

It happens, but I'd still suggest you should expect to pay in cash.

One problem is even if the stall technically accepts contactless/cards it does rely on a working internet connection - while that's generally OK at Glastonbury it can't be guaranteed, and I was at a couple festivals this year where the mobile signal was awful 90% of the time, and saw some annoyed people moaning at a stall holder about not being able to use their cards (like the stall holder could do anything).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Fix the sound on West Holts - it was terrible in 2017....

Some non plinky-plonk music going on late-night....

Replace Silver Hayes with something the size of the old King Tut's tent at TITP.

I just left a message to that effect on the Glastonbury site.  Thinking of contacting these too:

https://rgjones.co.uk/docs/about/contact-us.shtml

https://rgjones.co.uk/docs/latest-news/EVpEZZukZpYwvEesIS.shtml

Sort out the Silver Hayes/Other stage area. Easily the worst part of the festival currently and feels like a total after thought when everything else feels so unique.

I'm also with Jass on more late night non-dance alternatives! I'd like more smaller venues like the Bimble Inn with some nice late night folky/open mic stuff.

I think Silver Hayes & Other are always going to be problem areas due to it being flat and open. There aren't any natural features like around the JP stage, the bowl of the Pyramid, Park, the tree's and hedges of SE corner.

They could do with some big art installations to break up the area and create lots of micro venues too. Some of the old parts of the SE corner perhaps. 

The Other Stage is what it is. There's not much you can do with it. It's not a natural arena at all - it is literally a flat field in the middle of a farm.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Probably just some of the Tech House lads having  a scuffle over who had the deepest  v neck t shirt