2019 Improvements

adms

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Yeah the Gully and the blues are decent but the rest is a bit shit. Doesn't have any of the creativity of the rest of the site, just some stages thrown together.

I do enjoy WOW whenever I'm in the area and in the mood for dance music, but that's rare, but the venue isn't really distinctive.  I think they should give up with dance music in that part of the site altogether, move Leftfield over to where Silver Hayes is now with some new venues and move Blues and Gully to be near The Glade.  

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I do enjoy WOW whenever I'm in the area and in the mood for dance music, but that's rare, but the venue isn't really distinctive.  I think they should give up with dance music in that part of the site altogether, move Leftfield over to where Silver Hayes is now with some new venues and move Blues and Gully to be near The Glade.  

I think Eavis or someone said the idea behind the Leftfield's current location is it's quite central so people can come across it by accident who might not otherwise be into that sort of thing. A shame it had to move from it's last position where Williams Green is now- use to be a lot busier then, I think.

While we're talking about the dance area- does the Pussy Parlure completely change each year? I seem to remember going there to see Charles Bradley one night and it was like a proper dance hall type thing, but then I have another memory of going there another year and it just being a standard tent. Which memory is real?!

One of those lazy rivers that circles the entire site in around an hour. Multiple entry and exit points and plenty of free boats / floats that hold at least 12 people each and come with their dedicated pilot and barman etc. The water would be continually pumped clockwise.

It it would obviously float past the all the major stages using the front stage pit zones so you could time it nicely and catch a couple of clashes without any worry. 

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

One of those lazy rivers that circles the entire site in around an hour. Multiple entry and exit points and plenty of free boats / floats that hold at least 12 people each and come with their dedicated pilot and barman etc. The water would be continually pumped clockwise.

It it would obviously float past the all the major stages using the front stage pit zones so you could time it nicely and catch a couple of clashes without any worry. 

Shirley that will only be useful when the monorail is out of order?

How about a giant slide from Crow's Nest to the railway line.

Oh and hands off Avalon, Acoustic and Theatre/Circus, they are fabulous and for the guy craving after hours non-dance music the Avalon Cafe has a great variety of acts. Someone mentioned charging people as to when they wanted to turn up. No need just arrive any time after about 11 on Wednesday and you'll walk straight in.

The "Dance Village" is very much a poor cousin these days(years) often quite empty apart from the foot traffic passing through to get somewhere else. BBC Into is in an appalling spot, would be better close to John Peel (surely it's spiritual home?).

Two words though... Bourbon Street.

43 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Sandalism people should build a giant sand model of Mr Noseybonk.

Fun fact,  Mr Noseybonk is from Jigsaw and Janet Ellis was a presenter of that. Her daughter Sophie Ellis Bexter DJ’d in the Rabbit Hole last year which is right by Sandalism. So at least a little one should be featured. If I remember this fact next year (I will) I will have a word with them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ian the worm said:

That would be amazing. Instead of swans or other birds they could be huge Eavis heads to float around in. Awesome!

13 hours ago, semmtexx said:

That would be amazing. Instead of swans or other birds they could be huge Eavis heads to float around in. Awesome!

Why limit it to Michael?  We could have heads of Bono, Chris Martin, Dolly, Beyoncé, Stevie, Dave Grohl, etc.

"Will be there in a moment darling, I'm just getting off Morrissey at The Park". 

53 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Would John Peel ever get a outside stage like west holts etc? That field is wasted, at least put a screen outside so people sitting down can see what’s going on in there. 

There is a screen outside the tent isn't there? Or did I imagine that?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was wondering exactly the same thing. Surely we haven't imagined exactly the same thing?  On the outside behind the sound desk right?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Thought you said you gave up the drugs

I wouldn't mind an area of more down tempo chilled music at night with lots of Audio visual artists as well and installations. Maybe a few installations. Not sure where though maybe take over silver hayes when it closes the dance stuff or maybe up by the park

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno when it changed, but I'm pretty sure that it used to be a spiegeltent:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiegeltent

Now its a more standard festival tent, though it's still got seating in it.  Came in handy in 2016.

Aye I remember it originally as a tent like that. Trying to place in my mind when it changed.... thinking it was after the last fallow year (2012)? It'd defo changed in 2014 as I remember taking @H.M.V to see an ace synth band in there. Almost certain it was the same tent as now in 2013 too. I remember they changed the entrance between 2013 and 2014 - there was defo an 'entrance' in 2013 with coloured light pillars