Sign in to follow this  
SloopJohnB

Hacienda Classical

I went to see Hacienda Classical are Castelfiield Bowl last night.....if they are anywhere near as good at KC, you Thursday nighters are in for a treat! The place was bouncing :cool:

I thought it was shite. Total antithesis of what acid house and the Hacienda represented. They are scraping the barrel now with tunes they can play with an orchestra and the sets are nowhere near as good as the first 2 years.

Their renditions of New Orders - The Perfect Kiss and Blue Monday were utterly abysmal. I did enjoy the Donna Summer and Congress - 40 Miles though. 

On 7/1/2018 at 10:03 AM, SloopJohnB said:

I went to see Hacienda Classical are Castelfiield Bowl last night.....if they are anywhere near as good at KC, you Thursday nighters are in for a treat! The place was bouncing :cool:

Superb. Can’t wait for this one.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:03 AM, SloopJohnB said:

Saw it in Glasgow. Was excellent I thought.

Seen footage over the weekend and was utterly bored, will see if it's better live and in the moment, I'll have to as there s nowt else on! 

Saw these at Glastonbury the other year. They were ok but nothing special in my opinion. They were on early in the day but never the less, nothing to write home about.