Which acts have you changed your opinion about (good or bad) after seeing them at Glasto?

Monkey Allen

On 7/7/2018 at 4:45 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Radiohead and Arctics both fucked it on the Pyramid, out of boneheaded refusal to play to anybody standing past the sound towers. I'd thought both bands would be switched on enough to know that when you play the Pyramid, you play to the whole feild. Go big or go home.

Which monkeys set ? 2007 or 2013 ? 

As for me, I went to see Paolo Nutini metaphorically kicking and screaming in 2009 and was absolutely won over, have seen him since at Glasto in 2011 and 2014, 2014 being one of my favorite ever Glastonbury sets 

On 7/5/2018 at 12:09 PM, tjamest said:

Charles Bradley was superb and as my final Glastonbury act that year was a wonderful way to finish the festival.

I had only heard about him a few weeks earlier when i randomly clicking the  TV remote control came across the Soul of America film about him.

Was it my imagination or did he collapse on the stage  on some point as well?

We thought he had taken the knock only to come back on. It was passed off as guitar string troubles but seemed weird. That said It was the Sunday night of Glastonbury and we were not in the best of shape ourselves ! 

11 hours ago, faymondo said:

We thought he had taken the knock only to come back on. It was passed off as guitar string troubles but seemed weird. That said It was the Sunday night of Glastonbury and we were not in the best of shape ourselves ! 

I just remember someone next to me shouting out "Man down.....Soul Man down' , a short time of no one know what was happening and then he returned. As you say it was on Sunday night at about 1.00 am, so it is all very hazy

Some of you will probably cry 'Heresy!' but I thought The Rolling Stones were absolute pony. In retrospect, my expectations were probably too high. Highlight of the whole set was being stood next to a group of old naked people. Not sure if they were naturists or just there to relive their hippy dippy days. Fun times.

2 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

Some of you will probably cry 'Heresy!' but I thought The Rolling Stones were absolute pony. In retrospect, my expectations were probably too high. Highlight of the whole set was being stood next to a group of old naked people. Not sure if they were naturists or just there to relive their hippy dippy days. Fun times.

Probably?

Few spring to mind for me- maybe it's the pessimist in me but it's the ones that were bad that come to mind more namely:

• Gorillaz- had seen them before at Manchester Opera House when they did their 1st ever live shows and that was immense.  Was decidedly underwhelmed in 2010
  • Rolling Stones- again seen previously and thought were fantastic, wasn't that blown away in 2013

On the positive front I would say Kenny Rogers- was going to pop along for a couple of songs as thought he was a we bit twee on way to somewhere else and stayed for whole set- superb.

56 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Disclosure let me down during their headliner set. Stayed for the duration due to the company I was in. Wouldn't cross the road to see them for free now.

Fell asleep (passed out?) standing up I was so bored by that set.

16 hours ago, Quark said:

Fell asleep (passed out?) standing up I was so bored by that set.

I'm normally of the 'if you don't like it walk away' mentality, but I had my way for the while rest of the weekend. Turned out none of us really enjoyed it though.

It had the recipe for such a good night though, especially with all the collaborators there.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Biffy Clyro. I've wanted to see them live for years but when I saw them last year I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed by them. Can't really put my finger on why but I didn't really connect with the performance at all.

Because they didn't play anything of the first three albums? I went expecting that and still left disappointed.

That poppy WOOOOOAAAHHHHOOOO one went down well though. 

Alison moyet in acoustic tent (I think ) last year was surprisingly enjoyable knew a few of her songs but surprised at how many I did recognise and her voice was spot on ,beans on toast was on beforehand and I've seen him a few times but his show that night was probably one of the best ones he has done.