10 hours ago, doobie ninja said:

Gentleman's dub Club

The Correspondents

Bicep

camelphat

Solardo

The Next men

Chali 2na

ok, not really "bands" but should be good :)

Thanx Ninja, I’ll look into them ? I already know of gentleman’s dub club, but none of the others. 

Confidence Man will be my no1 fun act, got a pub dancing last time I saw them so looking forward to seeing them on a much larger scale.  Seconded for Chali2na, and Oh My God! It's The Church! will be silly stuff on the main stage.  I'm presume we're betting without Grace Jones hulahooping on this thread.

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Thanx Ninja, I’ll look into them ? I already know of gentleman’s dub club, but none of the others. 

I saw The Correspondents at SGP a few years ago, never heard of them before. Then all hell broke lose on stage and you couldn't take your eyes of the madness :)  Bicep, Camelphat, Solardo are house music but every time I've seen them its always be brilliant.

Just hope now i can actually make it to Bestival this year :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 11:05 PM, tillyandthewall said:

Confidence Man will be my no1 fun act, got a pub dancing last time I saw them so looking forward to seeing them on a much larger scale.  Seconded for Chali2na, and Oh My God! It's The Church! will be silly stuff on the main stage.  I'm presume we're betting without Grace Jones hulahooping on this thread.

Another vote for Confidence Man (the most fun you can have with your clothes off - although expect some down to underwear stripping in stage from Sugar Bones of the band). And also another vote for Oh My God It's The Church - saw them for the first time at Bestival last year (and saw them again after in a club) and they are hilarious and will get you dancing with their 'Sexy Jesus' message.

Echo the above recommendations for Confidence Man, Oh My God! It's the Church and Beans. Also:

- Shame are superb live, albeit a tad 'lad rock'

- Songhoy Blues, increasingly funky desert blues/Afrobeat

- Django Django are much more fun live than on record, really well constructed sets

And really looking forward to Dubioza Kolektiv, only heard great things.

Plus festival stalwarts Kitty, Daisy & Lewis certainly have a reputation for bringing the retro good times.

13 hours ago, doobie ninja said:

again, not a "band" as such but ive just noticed that Craig Charles is doing a DJ set. Depending on the stage / setting i think that could be amazing fun.

He’s playing at Kendal this weekend so will probably miss him and see something else, thanx tho. 

14 hours ago, doobie ninja said:

again, not a "band" as such but ive just noticed that Craig Charles is doing a DJ set. Depending on the stage / setting i think that could be amazing fun.

He's playing Stacey's, you can see the stage breakdown here: http://www.bestival.net/line-up. Very much looking forward to Stacey's, hard to beat a good bit of disco!

On a similar vibe, Mr Good Times himself, Norman Jay MBE is also playing there.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

He's playing Stacey's, you can see the stage breakdown here: http://www.bestival.net/line-up. Very much looking forward to Stacey's, hard to beat a good bit of disco!

On a similar vibe, Mr Good Times himself, Norman Jay MBE is also playing there.

Have you not done a playlist for Bestival in the absence of Glastonbury? 

11 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Agreed! But make your own and make it public? 

OK! I've 2 playlists going, a short compilation style one (to which I've just added Sundara, following our discussion elsewhere!), and a much longer one with tracks from setlists of various people that I've thought worth a listen. Here's the shorter one: 

And the longer one:

• Upvote 1