Has anyone here ever met the band New Order ?

Bananaslug

I saw Bernard Sumner at a grocery store in Manchester yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

I met The Other Two when they performed their single Tasty Fish at the Radio 1 Roadshow on Glasgow Green in 1991.

Then Jackie Brambles picked me out the audience to play Smiley Miley's Mileage Game but I came third behind two young men who would later grow up to be the two non-Lauren Mayberry ones from Glasgow's own Chvrches.

"I went from meeting The Other Two to being beaten by The Other Two", I remember saying to myself as I sat in, like, Wimpy or something.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are we going to have one of these a day?

How long until we get to "Has anyone met anyone from The Twang?"

I hope so.  I've got a cracking story about the time me, The Twang and The Automatic were trying to break into a sweet shop in the middle of the night to get one thousand brown M&Ms, or The Caesars wouldn't go on stage that night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quark said:

I hope so.  I've got a cracking story about the time me, The Twang and The Automatic were trying to break into a sweet shop in the middle of the night to get one thousand brown M&Ms, or The Caesars wouldn't go on stage that night.

Rick Witter pops his head round the corner and says there's a sweet shop on the edge of town...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mash011 said:

I saw Bernard Sumner at a grocery store in Manchester yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

This reads like a lost verse from "Eat Sleep Rave Repeat"

21 hours ago, Quark said:

I seem to remember hearing about that. Didn't they have to beat the shop owner and his son to death with their own shoes?

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I'm glad the OP has clarified that it's the band New Order they're interested in hearing our anecdotes about, not the geo-political and ideological future goals of the Third Reich during the 1940s.

Unless by band they mean no longer allowed.

I saw Hooky sat at the bar in Dry Bar in 1996.  I left him to it, but one of our group went over and introduced himself. 

A largely unremarkable event, not least, as I would discover many years later when reading 'How Not To Run A Cub', because Hooky was always sat at the bar in Dry Bar in the mid 90s.

I keep on bumping into random members at airports on my trips to foreign countries, to watch them.

Was actually sat in Manchester airport last year on my way to see them in Berlin when Gillian and Steve walked past me. I was sat there reading the Blue Monday diaries which they clocked. Gillian is absolutely adorable while Steve seems a little nervous.

Seen Phil Cunningham in some airport and he was proper sound.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

I keep on bumping into random members at airports on my trips to foreign countries, to watch them.

Was actually sat in Manchester airport last year on my way to see them in Berlin when Gillian and Steve walked past me. I was sat there reading the Blue Monday diaries which they clocked. Gillian is absolutely adorable while Steve seems a little nervous.

Seen Phil Cunningham in some airport and he was proper sound.

Phil steve and gillian I've slways heard sweet things about them. Very nice people. 

On 6/29/2018 at 1:17 AM, henry bear said:

I'm glad the OP has clarified that it's the band New Order they're interested in hearing our anecdotes about, not the geo-political and ideological future goals of the Third Reich during the 1940s.

Lol.whatever lol.