Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So has anyone's feelings about the Brit awards changed now that we're sure Jarvis was disrespecting a paedophile for his messianic stage production featuring lots of children?

I always thought that was funny tbh, the weird show deserved a piss take in and of itself

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So has anyone's feelings about the Brit awards changed now that we're sure Jarvis was disrespecting a paedophile for his messianic stage production featuring lots of children?

If anything it reflects badly on Jarvis if he knew for sure that Jackson was a paedophile and all he did was mime doing a fart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 10:08 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

If anything it reflects badly on Jarvis if he knew for sure that Jackson was a paedophile and all he did was mime doing a fart.

He turned his arse towards the crowd and waved fake farts with his hands via his arse. As which MJ was being on stage: an arse. Lol

6 minutes ago, Bananaslug said:

MJ was atrocious. Jarvis saved the day. 

It's all subjective really, so can't be fully accounted for. MJ might well have been a kiddy fiddler, but his body of work, taken from an artistic stance, cannot be compromised by his purported sexual deficiency. The two things are not related -- as in at all. However, that is only my opinion. 

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's all subjective really, so can't be fully accounted for. MJ might well have been a kiddy fiddler, but his body of work, taken from an artistic stance, cannot be compromised by his purported sexual deficiency. The two things are not related -- as in at all. However, that is only my opinion. 

I agree to a degree but sometimes...most times..it immensely changes the music to some and ends up feeling like a lie or tainted, when the artist behind it turns out to be pure evil and or done some very very sickening things completely and utterly contradictory to their music. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

He was on stage surrounded by children, and then later went on to abuse them.  MJ made them related.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He was on stage surrounded by children, and then later went on to abuse them.  MJ made them related.

I do see, and understand, what you are saying. I guess I'm talking about pure music and lyrics taken on their own. If you liked the music and lyrics before certain facts were know, how can you suddenly dislike them after? Nothing has changed with the music or lyrics.

Was in the beer tent next to West Holts on a gloriously sunny day in 1995, trying to get served for a good 20 minutes.

Reached the front and was about to place my order when the barman looked straight past me and tried to serve the person behind me.

The person declined service and I turned round to thank them, only to see Jarvis wearing a Tweed Jacket and Satchel over the shoulder.

Rushed back to tell my mate how impressed I was by him to then see Jarvis heading our way to join the two ladies sitting beside us.

Top man.

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

New stuff from Jarvis on 6music now, plus an interview. His name band Jarv Is. Sounds bonkers, but quite liking it. Surely surely surely he has to pop up on the line-up?

It's good isn't it? I'd be very surprised if he isn't there. Made for a Park appearance. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

New stuff from Jarvis on 6music now, plus an interview. His name band Jarv Is. Sounds bonkers, but quite liking it. Surely surely surely he has to pop up on the line-up?

I was certain he was going to announce himself....Not sure what I thought of that song but I would always see him regardless.  MR CHARISMA. 

Probably want to sell more All Points East Tickets first.

He's always at Glastonbury in some form, so I can't imagine Jarv Is not being there. I saw them when he did the series of shows in caves and it was wicked. Highly recommended. 

...Much talk of playing in caves/underground venues in that interview too - just thinking of the possibilities on Worthy Farm ...

Also pretty sure he'll pop up somewhere, at least for a DJ set or whatever - seems to be there most years. Did he DJ at Greenpeace last year?

7 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Yes, he played at Greenpeace last year.  Here is a picture of him in some structure. I thought it was a great picture at the time:

Jarvis_glastonbury_2017.jpg

Aha! - I mean, I can sort-of tell it's him!... :)

Gonna try and check out a few more things in the Greenpeace field this year (aside from lurking around trying to spot Jarvis)

Does Jarvis still DJ somewhere on site every year? 

In 2014 in the Stonebridge bar at about 2:50am he was DJing and put the house lights on to announce he was about to spin the first ever play of some new Pulp material, all 30 or so people present go nuts, and he drops Zombie Nation instead. It was perfect.